I Believe that...

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
wiccan_butterfly

I Believe that...

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

i have been reincarnated.
there is so many reasons as to why. well i grew up watching alot of tv, and one day at school (elementary) i started going off about the Titanic, and had no clue where it was coming from, its as if i was there on the ship, when they set sail from England, is this possibile?

and levatation, as anyone tried it, and what was the experince?
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

were you reincarnated? yes...but so was most everyone else. They're not many new souls out there

Can you levitate? Not gonna say impossible......but very highly improbable
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Elem

Post by Elem »

I've jumped out of a plane, does that count :P?

Can't see much point in levitation, anyway. What does it acheive, other than a life wasted on trying to do something you could achieve with a stepladder / stool? Sure, it might be nice to be able to show off to your old-folk friends when you're 90 by floating up to the top shelf and reaching down that can of Premium Brand Prunes that nobody else can reach.. But outside of that, what's the point, really ;)?

As for reincarnation.. Yeah, you probably have been, in a sense. It's my belief that our souls are created of the energy all around us.. And when we die, our soul dissipates back into this energy.. Releasing bits and pieces of memorable thoughts / experiences. When the soul of a new life is 'crafted' from this energy, it may end up with bits of these in it, leading to feelings of familiarity / the belief you were 'someone else' in a past life.

All they really are are echoes / shadows of memories and feelings from other peoples' souls. You were never, really, that person.. You simply posess a 'part' of their energy. That person, as an individual, is long dead and gone.

All done *nod*. Off to help move boxes, see you all later.

Elem
wiccan_butterfly

Wolf wrote:were you reincarnated? yes...but so was most everyone else. They're not many new souls out there

Can you levitate? Not gonna say impossible......but very highly improbable
hmm, very intresting, thanks.

umm i have tryed and it didnt work so well, but i will soon be reading up on it.
wiccan_butterfly

Elem wrote:

Can't see much point in levitation, anyway. What does it acheive, other than a life wasted on trying to do something you could achieve with a stepladder / stool? Sure, it might be nice to be able to show off to your old-folk friends when you're 90 by floating up to the top shelf and reaching down that can of Premium Brand Prunes that nobody else can reach.. But outside of that, what's the point, really ;)?

As for reincarnation.. Yeah, you probably have been, in a sense. It's my belief that our souls are created of the energy all around us.. And when we die, our soul dissipates back into this energy.. Releasing bits and pieces of memorable thoughts / experiences. When the soul of a new life is 'crafted' from this energy, it may end up with bits of these in it, leading to feelings of familiarity / the belief you were 'someone else' in a past life.

All they really are are echoes / shadows of memories and feelings from other peoples' souls. You were never, really, that person.. You simply posess a 'part' of their energy. That person, as an individual, is long dead and gone.

Elem
well jumping out of a plane, umm no, not really lol, but have fun!

well, for levitation, i think that it would be great, to be able to clean in certain spots, lol, or to maybe meditate, and be more relaxed.

thanks for the whole reincarnation thing, i wasnt quite sure if it was real or not, then again they say magick and witchcraft isnt real.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Elem wrote:

Elem
Not sure what all's in my soul. Haven't looked around much. Just starting to learn how. (kinda neat though)

And as for Elem, I don't think it's the practicality of levitation that's the point. It's the improbability of it. Opening your mind and soul to the point that you can will yourself to float, unaided and in defiance of all modern "known" logic. If you have control over your own force/power and have such a grasp of your personal handle on "universal truth" and belive enough in your faith that you can make it happen despite what science tells you, then who's to say what else you can and can't do? It's the opening of the self to the limitless possibilities of the universe. Allowing yourself to be part of something greater in the cycle than just you.

Blessed be.

WolfWitch.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Ok, many of you here know me and I've been around a while so you know I'm generally not harsh, but what is with people (especially newbies) and levitation? We've had so many posts on this. If the only thing I had to waste my magickal energy on was levitation than life would be great. Not trying to be mean, but seriously when will the posts on it ever end!!!
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

GenevieveDawn: Probably never. It's one of the first things people think of when you mention magick. Everyone wants the freedom to fly. I know I'd save a heck of a lot in gas if I could.

BB.
WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Elem

Post by Elem »

And as for Elem, I don't think it's the practicality of levitation that's the point. It's the improbability of it. Opening your mind and soul to the point that you can will yourself to float, unaided and in defiance of all modern "known" logic. If you have control over your own force/power and have such a grasp of your personal handle on "universal truth" and belive enough in your faith that you can make it happen despite what science tells you, then who's to say what else you can and can't do? It's the opening of the self to the limitless possibilities of the universe. Allowing yourself to be part of something greater in the cycle than just you.
I do understand.. But, even so.. Why would you put your energy into levitation, if you had such an amazing grasp on 'unversal truth' and energy? I can think of so many things that I'd rather do, in particular helping others, than try to fly.

Besides which, I rather imagine if you ever managed to do it.. You'd fall flat on your face 99% of the time anyway ;). Of course.. The trick with flying (as the great Douglas Adams says) is to 'fall, and miss the ground' :lol:.

Elem
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Elem wrote:I do understand.. But, even so.. Why would you put your energy into levitation, if you had such an amazing grasp on 'unversal truth' and energy? I can think of so many things that I'd rather do, in particular helping others, than try to fly.
Because, frankly, when deciding on something to reach for that others say is impossible, levitation is usually the first thing that pops into their head.
Besides which, I rather imagine if you ever managed to do it.. You'd fall flat on your face 99% of the time anyway ;). Of course.. The trick with flying (as the great Douglas Adams says) is to 'fall, and miss the ground' :lol:.

Elem
I'm gonna say only once you realize your doing it and break your own concentration.

My prefered quote is "It's not falling that kills people. It's that sudden, jarring stop at the bottom that gets you every time." Can't remember who said it first though. I want to say Mark Twain, as it sounds like a Clemens-ism but I am not 100%.

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves.

WW.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I think once again (as mentioned in numerous posts) we can thank Harry Potter and Buffy and Charmed for the fascination with things such as levitation. I'd like to do a public service announcement on the real meaning of all of this. If someone wants the feeling of flyig then they need to pick up a book on astral work.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
wiccan_butterfly

GenevieveDawn wrote:I think once again (as mentioned in numerous posts) we can thank Harry Potter and Buffy and Charmed for the fascination with things such as levitation. I'd like to do a public service announcement on the real meaning of all of this. If someone wants the feeling of flyig then they need to pick up a book on astral work.
okay well i think that its quite intresting on how thisw subject continued. well, i just though or wondered, if anyone has tried it, and if so, did it work, i mean i didnt want to go out and waste my money on the book, and try it, if its not going to work. do you understand? i mean not to sound harsh, but i just wanted to know.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Levitating self, no. Haven't tried it and probably will never have the focus for it to actually work.

Levitaed other things, yes. Did it once, not very impressive and can't realy remember exactly what i did to "trigger" it. Whole inncident is a question to me.

Personally, for something ludicrously "near" impossible feat to aspire too, I myself am convinced that, A: With enough focus and willpower and B: The lord and ladies blessing. I can and one day will figure out how to step outside time. You know just stop myself from flowing along it's currents for a brief time and then step back in. Problem bieng right now. I can't focus that kind of personal energy and to be perfectly frank, I know better than to trust myself with that kind of power. I know I am nowhere near mature enough to use THAT wisley.
Given time, I could be. Then, I'd always have time to get things I needed to get done, done and, I'd always, no matter how pressed, have time to relax and step away from my stressers for as long as I needed too. Instant vacations.

BUt I'm still a little too baser human to deal with it right now. Oh well.

WW.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”