Maybe this explains why we're all here?

Talk about anything you want to here.
GenevieveDawn

Maybe this explains why we're all here?

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Ok, been wanting to post this for a long time, just never got around to it. This is from a Deborah Gray book, "The Good Witch's Guide to Wicked Ways", no there is nothing bad in it. Anyway, it made me think about how this board hasn't even been up for very long, yet we all found it and have become "friends" (I hope!).

Maybe there is a more important reason that we are here to meet and learn from eachother. Here it is...

"I have also been inspired by the sense of a special time approaching. A door of opportunity is reopening and many of us who have journeyed in the Craft and all the other Magical paths are remembering our Dreamtime Circle. We are coming back together again, and all the different old souls are feeling the sense of Gathering: in the Craft we call it the 'Quickening'. You are probably feeling it yourself.

"It is a sense of an imminent Golden Age where all of us, whatever our spiritual choices, will have an incredible opportunity for clear vision, to see what's ahead and be able to take definite steps to get there. It is a Magical vision that has been seen and felt before in times past and is now awakened within the many different spiritual tribes, including all the indigenous and pagan peoples around this planet. We are experinceing an intensification of enchanted energy, catching glimpses through the mists of time and seeing the magnificent vision of our own potential".
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I used to study some stuff like that online, and was on a mailing list that talked about it a lot, but it's so difficult for me to try to explain it that I really don't even try to talk about it at all very much. There is supposed to be some kind of change in our DNA as well that is happening. The spirits are "re-tuning" us, so to speak. There's a "new age" coming and people like us will be here to enjoy it, but others will still be left in their spiritual stupor, not understanding what happened. Evenually, I guess they'll all die out, and the new race of people will be all spiritually evolved. The "quickening" I thought was when our energy began moving so rapidly (like a spirits) that our molecules actually become invisible and we are spirit form (without dying). I might have "quickening" mixed up with something else though.

I really don't know how to explain this stuff well (and I'm not entirely convinced what I'm saying is true). I think I know what you're talking about though. If I figure out what I'm talking about, I'll let you know, lol. Synchronicity is an interesting thing to study.

Also, did you know that Carlos Santana claims that his album "Supernatural" was divinely inspired and that listening to the music will actually change your DNA? It shocked me to hear him say that because it was years earlier when I had heard about this DNA thing and I didn't know much about it. Here is an article where Carlos Santana is telling about it: http://www.magicalblend.com/library/rea ... ntana.html
He is talking about "5th dimensions" and all kinds of stuff. You'll probably find it interesting. I'm really into New Age beliefs quite a bit. People would jump my case for saying so, but I'm like a New Age Witch. lol. Anyway, check that out and tell me if it's something like you're talking about.

GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

That was a really neat interview (Santana). I guess what I got out of what I wrote was that 1. we were witches in a previous life maybe and are joining together again (just a thought, don't know what my views on that are for sure) or 2. Maybe we are in an age again where many people have begun to practice again, and there's a divine reason for this.

Seems like for centuries witchcraft was obscure in the States, and at least if not almost totally abandoned. Now obviously it has come around again. I just wonder what the reasoning is.

I just have too much deep thinking going on lately or something.
I'm a Virgo so I have the need to overanalyze EVERYTHING.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

http://www.crystalinks.com/harmoniconcord.html

Was wondering if any of you were aware of this when it happened in Nov? It was a huge thing for me. There are a few sites on it, well, actually 1,000's. Its all very interesting. 5 planets and the meteor Chiron were perfectly lined up to form a Star of David. It was also a total lunar eclipse (Moon Child here.....I was just aquivering with excitement). I guess that supposedly the last time this had happened was in Biblical times. Millions of people around the world actually chanted Om at the exact moment of celestial alignment. Funny, it signals that there is a huge shift in human consciousness. People are supposed to start shifting their lives for the better. I've felt a huge shift in my life....anyone else?
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I heard about that when it was coming up, but I don't recall anything specific about November (my head has been foggy for a few years, but it's clearing up now, thank Goddess.) But I did hear about that happening, and thought that was cool. Thanks for the link. :)

JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Where do you guys hear about these things.
Dancing_Moon_Child

I have "friends" in low places.......lol......actually, I have a huge community of friends in NC and SC that stay very aware of these things. One of them has a spiritual retreat in NC called "One Spirit" (they have great celebrations there....tons of people show up) who keeps me posted on some things and there is a community of pagans (not all pagans are Wiccan) here in SC that keep me posted on other things. I get newsletters and updates on the things that they miss. I love to read so when I overhear something that peeks my interest to the library or Google I go. See, my theory is that everything that anybody ever knew is at your fingertips if you have access to the internet. The added benefit is that we get to pass it on to you. Now if any of you ever get on "Jeopardy" or "Millionaire" and get a question that we've helped you out with (indirectly) props would be nice.

Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/onespirit/
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

In the small hick towns of east texas information like this is NOT spoken out loud
Dancing_Moon_Child

Actually Raven, If you go to the Witch Vox web site for Texas they have 1641 Adults listed, 247 teens, 16 teen run groups, 136 adult run groups and 45 e-groups (online), Also, if you have a Unitarian Universalist group located near you they usually have a Coven affiliated with them. They are the Coven of Universalist Unitarian Pagans and they are very interesting to meet with. If nothing is local to you they do have the e-groups that can give you local (Texas) support. Also check out any local events they might be having in your area.
This actually pertains to anyone practicing without a support system locally. Usually you have to search for them but trust me, they are there. I live in a town of 20,000 people with 86 churches (thats just the ones that advertise in the Saturday paper). I know what its like. I've found hateful letters on my porch because I have a smudge stick there. Tolerance is the key and so is courage. (I also belong to the ACLU just to hedge my bets) Be brave and be patient, you'll find someone or a bunch of someones just like you. Until then....you have us.

Peace and love,
Dancing Moon Child
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

:shock:

thanks.

( wow for once I am speechless)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I also find most of this kind of stuff online, on mailing lists and message boards, and like she mentioned, Witchvox is great if you're looking for people near you. The kind of stuff I've mentioned is usually more on New Age web sites and in New Age/Spiritual books than on witchcraft/Wicca web sites/books.

New Age is really very interesting, and they have a lot of interests common to witchcraft, such as crystals, healing, energy work, stuff like that. So I would recommend that anyone who is witch also study New Age ideas. You may find it more interesting than witchcraft, so watch out! lol. I personally do find it more interesting. It's more geared toward using your energy and mind power to make things happen. Sometimes you don't learn that through witchcraft alone, but it is an integral part of making things happen (like making spells work), so it's great to learn how to focus your energy on the outcome that you wish for instead of just going through the motions of a spell. I really think a spell will rarely work if there is not a good amount of energy put into it, and focused in the right direction. Many people do that naturally, but most of us need to learn and practice it.

Dancing_Moon_Child

There you go........ you are so wise beyond your years.

Knowledge is the key. I read anything from Deepak Chopra on quantum physics (?????) to Gary Zukav on evolution and reincarnation to Terry Lynn Taylor on Angels in our lives. My approach was definitely from the New Age side. I question everything.

Deciding to be a witch because you saw The Craft or Buffy the Vampire Slayer is like saying you want to be a hobbit because you saw The Lord of the Rings. I have a saying in my life that I'm not even sure where it came from, it's been with me so long......You are the Master of your own destiny.
Finding something that makes you happy, that gives you joy is not easy. Deciding to be something without exploring all your avenues is just living life in black and white. Living life in full color.....well, trust me.........its the key. I am sometimes stunned to find out how old some of you are after reading your posts. Your compassion and insight tells me that the next generation is finally getting it right.

And I, like , believe in GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE

Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child

PS ....you must have been an amazing Indigo Child when you were young. I know how hard your life was and I honestly commend you for living your dream. Your knowledge on so many levels is very impressive and should, I hope, serve as an inspiration to others here.
Marie*

Post by Marie* »

Okay. I wish I would have seen this sooner, but here I go.
I think it would be very kewl if we were all drwns together, and I am one who firmly believes that when you meet someone you meet them fo ra reason. No matter how long or how short that person is in your life, they have some impact to make on you whether you know it or not. Also, as far as the whole thing about the planets and stuff aligning, I heard about that and I really wanted to see it but I missed it!!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Deciding to be a witch because you saw The Craft or Buffy the Vampire Slayer is like saying you want to be a hobbit because you saw The Lord of the Rings.
LMAO! Oh that's a really good one, Moon. A great example. :lol:

Thanks for your kind words. I have to look up "Indigo Child" in where else? GOOGLE! And yes, I agree that most of what it said describes me pretty well. lol. Some of it is not too great either, but I'll admit that it does describe me.

And Marie, I do believe, for the most part, that we are destined to meet the people we do. I don't think I would take it as far as saying "everyone", including the check-out girl at Wal-mart, but even as I write that, I'm remembering that I've talked to check-out girls at Wal-mart that have effected me or I've had an effect on them somehow, so yes, even strangers that you only meet once can change your life in small ways.

Dancing_Moon_Child

Indigo Child

Here ....let me save you the trouble.

http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagi ... ction.html

I have a 9 yr old grand daughter that I've known was an Indigo Child from the moment she was born. She's always had wise eyes. She'll be staying with me this summer for 2 months. Thank Wankan Tanka that my first grandchildren were twins....one for me and one for her mother....lol.
She has a wisdom and compassion beyond her years and when she meets someone new she introduces herself as an artist. What a trip she is.
She and I are thick as thieves when we get together. Her sister just looks at us and rolls her eyes. She's a yuppie child like her Mom. (Still can't figure out how I reised Yuppie children....talk about rebelling against your parents values. Mine did, just backwards).
Tori will probably join the site when she gets here. I'll be interested in her views on things.
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”