What are your thoughts on spirits?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
ThunderFog

What are your thoughts on spirits?

Post by ThunderFog »

So when someone says spirit what do you think of? What do you think spirits are? What are your thoughts on spirits in general?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: What are your thoughts on spirits?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Beings without corporeal forms. There's many type of spirits. Good, bad, and somewhere inbetween. Sometimes they are dead people, sometimes gods or demons if higher spirits, sometimes anthropomorphic, sometimes nature or without a solid form etc.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The word "spirit" simply means unmanifest energy; "a" spirt suggests to me a non-corporeal being with independent will. Spirit-of-the-place can be an etheric energy imprint or an individual land spirt. Spirit-guides are individuals who advise & tell the best jokes. Maybe spirit is the container for consciousness? The visible form is usually from borrowed energy & not self-generated but I couldn't guess what kind of energy. Light? Maybe it varies by what's available to use in the space they appear. Geomagnetic or electric - it can be seen & touched. It registers on skin nerve sensors. I once produced bio-plasm from which my guide took shape for others to see him & it was such d@nged hard work we haven't tried again. I've seen bio plasm a few times as natural emanations when people are laughing good-naturedly or are enthusiastic & it's been photographed.

What are your thoughts?
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

Well I believe almost every spirit comes from a physical form one way or another, and that to put it simply spirits are just kind of sentient energy, they have their own thoughts and feelings like any other person that's why I dont like the idea of binding them cus for one its rude and two they have all the time in the world to wait and plot against you
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sentient energy - that's a good description.
WinterRose

Post by WinterRose »

Energy - pure energy. That’s what spirit is to me.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”