Similar experience?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
NaulaMuirin

Similar experience?

Post by NaulaMuirin »

When I was a kid I had 2 imaginary friends simply named He and She. I remember talking to them often. Since I have finer tuned my witchyness, in my world I have a God and Goddess I follow. I've never felt the need to place them or name them, it is just my belief system. I rembered a few months ago about my imaginary friends and were they really imaginary? Looking back to my childhood, I've always believed in magic and things not easily explained by science. Has anyone had experience's similar to mine? To me, it would be a weird theory in a sane world, luckily my world isn't much for sane theories lol
Last edited by Firebird on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
Where words fail, music speaks.......
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Similar experience?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I had an imaginary playmate. We explored MachuPichu in my family's up-hill, curved drive way; the Nile on a barge made from a wood storage bin. We'd compare band aids & mosquito bites. He was a lot of fun & had a brush cut & a lot of freckles. Shrug. Seems normal to me :). My early thoughts on the god-principle was God is everything. I'd have to say it hasn't changed much either. Nothing weird at all :lol: . You didn't say what your theory is but may have implied that he & she were a child's version of duo-deity.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I had a lot of imagination as a child but no imaginary friends. I had my sister and the kids in our neighbourhood, my beloved Oma and our garden.

I always felt save out between the bushes and the flowers. This is where spirit always lived, i always saw magic in the plants and the soil. We brew sage tee from frozen leafes and hot water out in the garden when qe were kids and dug up roots for magic and healing when my sister and I were young. This is still what i believe in and practice with all my heart.
BB

Blue Moon
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I only had imaginary pets. Mostly dogs.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had a bird that was blue and crow sized. No name in particular, just "friend bird". Imaginary or not these things we've seen are a manifest of some type of energy and to us were very real. He was more of a companion than a guide or protector, don't remember speaking with him either, it was like we would just think at each other. I don't see the blue bird anymore except through meditation and occasional dreams.
blue_moon wrote:I always felt save out between the bushes and the flowers. This is where spirit always lived, i always saw magic in the plants and the soil. We brew sage tee from frozen leafes and hot water out in the garden when qe were kids and dug up roots for magic and healing when my sister and I were young. This is still what i believe in and practice with all my heart
Oh yea, felt pretty magical in the garden didn't it!? A friend and I would cook up all kinds of brews and concoctions with plants and mud on the lighting fixtures in the condo complex I lived. It all seemed so normal, but wow, did we have some imaginations!
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Thats exactly what we did too :lol:
My favorite ingredients were sage, a flower root that looks like ginger (to lazy to look up the name) and brussles sprouts. :flyingwitch:
BB

Blue Moon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I sometimes wonder now, if the fact that Blue Jays come to visit me (maybe just to get peanuts, LoL) are the physical manifestation of the "friend" bird that used to be that strong and present energy.
The thing with kids is they are still closely connected to the other world. Up until about age 7. Which is probably what is happening with imaginary friends, it could be that they are more easily able to tap into that realm of the Fay and the tweeny spaces where they may actually be able to see these entities.
BB, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

I didn't have imaginary friends. I had voices randomly saying things to me and calling my name. I felt brushes against my skin, pulling on clothes, and what felt like breathing on me

I wish I did see or identify someone to talk to. I always felt like there was someone with me, but it was lonely to not know who or what it was.

The intensity of the lingering entity(ies) shift over time. I wouldn't say that they have left me completely. The presence felt stronger as a child, but the physical communication from entities are stronger as an adult. I guess that would fall under paranormal activity.

I don't know. But, this is my experience as a child.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I wonder if you might try a spell to gain knowledge of who has been with you all this time, and maybe what their purpose is? ...protector, informer, companion etc?
I know what you mean about feeling entities, I too have the feeling sometimes someone gives me a nudge or a slight push, and the breath or air suddenly moving across the skin, like when indoors.
For me I usually brush it off as one of the cats that have crossed over, because for so long I could feel them jump up on the bed after they had gone from this realm.
BB, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”