Odd relationship with mirrors

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
sylphaxiom

Odd relationship with mirrors

Post by sylphaxiom »

Am I the only one who can't stand to look in a mirror? It's not some issue with the way I look specifically, but rather just a general avoidance with them. I remember I wince looked deep into a mirror into my own eyes and got spooked. Since then I rarely glance in them unless I need to and never at my own eyes.

I'm adept at ready people and looking into their deepest soul, but somehow I scared myself. Through meditation, I've discovered much about who I am and what I'm capable of, but I don't know why mirrors worry me as much as they do.

Thoughts?
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Odd relationship with mirrors

Post by SpiritTalker »

In a somewhat different experience I can relate to what you might be feeling. To explain it I have to tell about an experience I had. During a meditation I’d once asked when will I truly know God? & the rather disturbing reply was when I could admit the truth of myself. There was an image on my mental screen like mirrors facing each other & the infinity of reflections.

A short time after this meditation, by chance I’d looked at a mirror in passing. I was frozen in place gazing into my own eyes. There was an infinity of reflections within my eyes that staggered & stumped me. I didn’t grasp the meaning. I just spaced out. I had no words or concepts to express the cold space of infinity. it was disturbing & left me out of sinc.

My take, for what it’s worth, has been that mirrors both symbolize and enact the experience of multiple dimensions & parallel planes of existence, inter-connecting in three-D time. It‘s huge & It felt as though we Humans are a very tiny spec on the glass. it knocked the breath out of me. I’m both fascinated & leery of mirrors but when I learned grounding, again by chance a few days after the mirror experience, the contradictions drained away & I felt my equilibrium restored. This was occurring at a time I questioned & resisted being psychic & was being taught to suck up, Buttercup. You chose this. :mrgreen:

The Barbara Streisand movie On a Clear Day has become a favorite.
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

I can see that. I'm no stranger to the tiny spec of human existence since I often dream and see the flow of life and time (long story) but this was something else. There may have been other circumstances at the time but mirrors still make me uncomfortable. I feel watched and... something else when I look into them. As though there is something else surrounding my life that I haven't encountered yet. It isnt a good thing either.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

I had this problem too .. I seen some my past lives in mirror.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I wonder if that-which-watches might be your higher self? Just a thought that whatever life throws at you, you aren’t alone.
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

Perhaps, that is something I never thought about. Kinda wonder why he scares me though. Perhaps it is merely the lack of understanding rather than true fear.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I remember an incident about twenty years ago, when I looked in a mirror and saw feline features overlaid on my image. It was another step on a long strange journey.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”