Venting - Religion.

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Addalaide

Venting - Religion.

Post by Addalaide »

Ok i just really need to get this out, Its about religions fighting and things.

Ok so i was in this chat room with a muslim man talking with him about what he belives, asking him about the Quran and things, when this jack ass of a christion comes in and stars talking about how evey muslim is a terorist and that there killing there own and crap. And the poor man just sat there and took it i got so pissed, i told the christian that dosnt there God judge them the same way he Judges otheres? and he said Yes that is true but i am doing nothing wrong. I said so because every muslim is a terrorist dose that make every christian a hipacrit? and he said no that dosnt christians arnt hipacrites but evey muslim is still a terrorist! HOW!? I cant belive that people think there so good that thay can tell someone that there religion makes them evil terrorists! I think is the most discusting them when a person talks down on another person and thes people do it to an intire religion! I see people do it all the time and i cant stand it. The he started calling me a muslim because i was backing them up. so i told him hes more muslim than i am, witch really ticked him off, but its true the quran is part of the bible! right?! Thay even agree that there was a man named Jesus and he was born from a virgin named mary! Why cant thay just get over it and get along!!!!!blah! I couldnt take it anymore and told him i had better things to do than arguee over this crap and i left the chat room.....Arg!

Ok i am still mad but i feel better.

Sorry i am done now. Thank you for yout time.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
elizabeth0126

Post by elizabeth0126 »

Thats exactly why I didn't want to be a christian anymore. All of the christians i have ever met are hipocrits. wiccan has always appealed to me, but once i started reading what it was all about i knew it was meant for me. I didn't like the fact the the christian god was always protrayed as being a jealous god. he says in the bible for us not to be jealous, but then again its ok for him. And then the fact that the christian god just doesn't seem all that loving. i like the fact that in wiccan you can worship a goddess.
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

Ah, stereotypes... I believe you did the right thing sticking up for him. These days not very many people have the courage to stand up for somebody else or even themselves. Unfortunately you will find people like that Christian in many places. When I was 7, I had a bus driver who was a priest. One day he got fed up with me talking about there being a God AND a Goddess (well, and also the fact that I was convinced I was a vampire.... i was 7.... haha :oops: ) He took me off the bus and pulled me into some bushes where the other kids couldn't see me and he beat me. This was a horrifying experience for me and I wonder if I could have done something more to stop it. I was only 7 though... The thing is, I know that that was just one Christian and people who think "well, he did it so the rest of his people must beat kids" are very ignorant. I do believe there is a lot of corruption in the christian church, but have nothing against the actual religion or the people who follow it.As for Christians being hypocrites, I don't believe that is for us to decide or point a finger for. Some are, some arent. Same as with any other religion.
Rein

Post by Rein »

I wholeheartedly agree.

Back when my family used to go to a really popular church, me and my parents were always looked down upon by other christians because we were so open minded about witchcraft, mythology, etc. My dad used to love having conversations with the priest, but it got to the piont where he would actually avoid talking to either of my parents at all!! I had it just as bad. The church had a sunday school that pretty much all the kids my age went to, and I would have to deal with them always praising the priest's daughter Bethany and looking at me strangely when I wouldn't talk to her. I was raised as a devote christian, but when I look at my family and then look at others of the same religion, it's very hard to believe that people like that can even claim they are "honest worshippers".

They aren't all bad, but the majority these days are, and it is DISGUSTING.

Sorry for the rant.
Elem

Post by Elem »

but the majority these days are
Just be careful saying 'the majority'.

That's as bad as Christians saying "Not all Pagans are bad, but the majority hug trees and sacrifice animals, and it is DISGUSTING".

As I say.. Be careful making statements that can't be backed up, like that. It makes you just as bad as them :(. Unless you personally know every Christian, or have research into their behaviour, that is ;) haha.

Elem
Rein

Post by Rein »

Sorry, I meant out of the one's I know. :oops:
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

SanityIsLost, that is a horable thing that happend to you. But i agree because one man did that dosnt mean thay all do it. The same with the priest and the child molesting thing ( i'm not ganna get into that to much ) But just because a fue did it dosnt mean evey chatholic prist will. My old one is the nicest man in the world i and i am considering haveing a handfasting in a church just so he can preform it.

I was prety much forsed into the religion as a child. Infact my mom told me today wemon where made for men....i said so then there wasnt female animals befor? she said it didnt work that way, wemon are made from men. I just left it at that because i had no way to get home exept threw her so i didnt wanna piss her off. But if i wasnt worryed about pissing her off then i whould have asked why childron in the worm are female tell a certin stage.....but i didnt so i donno what she whould have said to that. ( i dont hate males i just hate it when men think there better than wemon because there male also when wemon alow it )

I love all religions, today i was so happy because i saw a monk go into walmart i almost stoped him to talk for a moment. I thought it was just wonderfull. We have muslims liveing infront of us and i have talked to the woman just a little, i try not to because i dont want to upset her husband or anything ( i know a little bit of there rules and i know males are higher than females and i dont agree but i respect that ). There is also a buddist tempal outside of town here, its the most beautiful place i have ever seen so many bright greens and red colors.

Me and my fionce where talking today and he said he belives so many people dont belive in any religion because of christianity, because thay try to forse it on you, he thinks its also just horable all the old religions are dieing because of christianity.

I think this one is longer than my first post...but owell its my rant...
Merry Part
~Addalaide
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

My neighbors who were formerly very good friends of mine will no longer speak to me because of my beliefs. I might add that they were coming over for tarot readings all the time and wanting to learn some of what I know. One day they freaked about it and won't have contact w/ me anymore. Our children were best friends and they aren't allowed to play together anymore because I'm "evil" in their minds. I "betrayed" them and when I turn back to Jesus I can be friends again.

This is just one personal example of the "christians" I know, and they wonder why we turn away from it. Most of the witches I know are all lightworkers, trying to help and heal people. How many christians do that? Most of them are too busy juding everybody. If they truly read the Bible they would know how narrow minded and UN- christian like they truly are.

Many of them say the Bible speaks against witchcraft. Well, of course the book was wrote thousands of years ago and has been wrote and rewrote, and rewrote some more by MAN. Think about it, if the Bible didn't speak agains it, then millions of chrisitans out there would realize that you don't have to go to a church and tithe to be attuned with spirituality.

I think God/Goddess/ Angels whatever, truly honor the request of those who are open minded enough to actually communicate, work with and receive. Too bad many Christians don't know this "secret". They are really missing the point, and it wasn't that complicated to begin with.

Gen
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I was reading an essay writion by a christion man who was out to prove pagans where fine and kept it with the bible too. There is a book where one of the writers whent to a town a relized thay where doing pagan things but worshiping an un-named God, and in the bible i belive it say "Thats Good! You belive in a god you do not know the name of! He is our God!" ( something like that, cant relly remeber ) I do not have a name for my God and Godess, there God and Goddess, Lord and Lady, Mother and Father. Now take out all the Goddess names, dose that not look like what the Christions call there God? I am not saying there the same God, but i am also not going to deny the posability. I do not agree with most the peoplel, the religion, i am a little iffy about really. This is kinda funny that i think this seeing as i get told it all the time, But i belive there just missguided, thay dont question thay just act, thay dont question the posability that there religion mite not be right, thay act *in church* (sometimes) the way there told to. but few really live it. And thay tell us we are wrong, when every day we live we act the same way, and dress the same way. And talk the same way, we dont hide it when we are in "the lords house" we are who we are and we dont hide who we are ( with some little exeptions ) Thay go to church all covered up and leave with friends and change into thing, and say thing, and act in ways thay whouldn't in church. Now not evey one dose it. I know a handfull of youth/younge adults who where everyday clothing, so i am not saying evey one dose it, but i have witnessed only a handfull. My mother is so embarassed of me, she wont tell her friends i am liveing with my fionce, she made up a lie that i am away at collage as an excuse why i dont go to church. When me and my fionce got into a little fight at the beginning of the year, i stayed with them for a while, and i was *made* ( yes at 18 i was made ) to go to church with them. My mom was so happy, she told me she had been praying that whould happen, so i can not live in sin anymore, than one of her close friends came up to me and said oh i just herd about you and your ex, we are so happy you are hear! excuse me but WTF? Hurm what was the subject agin.....oh yes, i really do belive there missguided, thay have to many rules that are somewhat silly ( rules are good yes, but if your liveing for your lord and lady why dose it matter about anything ealse? ).

I had some nabors that really really where true christions, thay didnt celabraid Halloween because it was a "bad" holliday and thay whouldnt put up christmass trees because thay didnt do that because it isnt in the religion, no easter eggs or bunnys. I remember talking to my friend on the phone and i said "I think shes a witch" ( she did something i dont remeber what it was ) and her cell phone like cut into my phone convo she couldnt talk but she herd every thing i said and so did the other person onthe phone....witch ended up freaking me out more when she yelled at me and i had only told my one friend.

( btw there excuse on the bible being rewition by man is "God whouldnt alow that to happen!" "But what about free will?" "He still whould alow his words to be twisted in an evil way!" )
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Rein

Post by Rein »

Such a sad world we live in... Unfortunatly, people like this do exist on our earth. It's those few morons that give all Christians a bad name. That is exactly why even though I believe in God, I cannot call myself a christian any longer. I can't trust the bible, the supposed "words of god", because, as GenevieveDawn said, it has been re-written hundreds of times. There are actually rumors that the church removed pieces of the original text because it stated that there was no need for a church! How can they swear by a book that has been so tampered with?? And not only that, but critisize those that don't??

I don't think that's very "holy" at all. And after all, as the famous quote says, "How many crusades were fought in the name of God?"

Sorry for the rant...
elizabeth0126

Post by elizabeth0126 »

you know i never really thought much about the bible being written and rewritten. But now I am sure it has happened. I bet there is probably alot missing out of it. I know the bible speaks against witchcraft and magic. But if you actually read it, there was magic in it anyway. In the first 5 chapters alone there is alot. When I told someone that the other day they said well got made the world with his hands, yeah i know, but he made it out of nothing. he spoke and it happened. There it is.......magic.

I don't don't believe that us women are just made for men. Obvisously we were made for each other.
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
Rein

Post by Rein »

Exactly. Let's not forget, mankind fears what it doesn't understand. It's very possible that the personal beliefs of the men translating the biblical writings did indeed spill over onto the text itself.

I mean, if you ask 10 collage students to translate something written years ago, in a foriegn language, into understandable english, then most likely at least SOME of the original meaning it held will be lost. Take that effect and multiply it as many times as the bible has been translated. See what happens? Not only do they change the language, but they have to make it UNDERSTANDABLE to the modern reader. When something is altered that many times, and by that many people, it's hard to separate what was there in the beginning from what wasn't. Not to mention that every person on earth understands things differently. If a translater wrote down what they thought a particular phrase meant, it might be totally different from what the original writer was saying!
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I went to a Catholic school as a child, I took the religeon class despite being babtist because I like to be open minded. Our priest (whom never molested a one of us.) stated that when the Holy Roman church commanded that King James's request for a translated bible for the masses to read (up until then, it was only in latin and only for clergy and scholers to read.) was to be carried out, it was edited. Their where passages and whole books removed because they delt with subjects "best left to study by the church". Some of these things have filtered out in various forms over the years but no one knows just exactly what was and wasn't removed. Also, No one knows what all was re-worded as well though, from a few surviving church bibles written in latin from the era, suggest a few interesting twists. Try looking into the "book of Enoch" and a highly debated object known as "the revelation of St. peter". A book that was supposed to be in the bible after revelations and speaks of far more than what is in the last chapter of the current bible.

Addalaide I feel for your friend. When next you see him. TEll him that i wish for Ala to always hold him in his hand and shine a light on his path. When I was in Baharain back in 2000, I was standing "bus rider" watch. It's basically where you set in the taxi or bus with the driver and make sure none of your fellow "shipmates" get to rowdy or beligerent as they catch rides back to the peir to sleep off their deunken stupors. I spent the entire six hour watch, having the most interesting conversation on family and religeon with my driver. His name was (please pardon if I goof this away as I am spelling it phonetically) Hazuk. He was a highschool drop out and married with four or five children, I can't remember exactly which. He was also a Sheit Muslum. Yes the dreaded Sheit that the media would have you believe ALL belong to Al'Jazeer or Al'kida.
Well, he didn't. He was just a simple taxi driver. All he was interested in was working a quiet shift, feeding his family and praying to Ala that his oldest son got into the school he was trying for and that his oldest daughter's new boyfriend didn't turn out to be an ass like her previous one had been.
We talked, I learned a lot about the Muslums as a people and as a faith. I know for a fact, that, I can't have the type of mature, intelligent conversation on religeon and faith with any Christian I know personally here in the states. It shattered any illusion CNN had errected for my "protection." I can not hate them. I have learned since then, as I have explored my personal faith, that I can actually hate very few things in life. None of them are religeons. Every man has the right to worship the divine in his own special way. If that means the Islamic faith, then so be it. If it means Christianity... then again, so be it. Hell, I'm a wiccan and I'm married to a Budist. Who am I to judge?

elizabeth0126 The Christian God isn't so much a jealous or Wrathfull God per say. If you read all the insidents of his punishments. It's because his followers where F'ing up. It speaks poor of his worshipers not him. (the old addage about not poking a bear with a stick if you don't wish to be malled.) It's not all Christians that are Hypocrits. It's just that the Hypocritical ones tend to make the most ruccus and therefore, get the most attention.

Blessed be the tollerent and the patient. Above all, Blessed be the forgiving.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Rein

Post by Rein »

I completely agree with WolfWitch on this one.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if these people wanted to discredit the bible! I mean, really, if you had something that was said to be the "word of God", then why on earth would you try to change it?!

That is just messed up.
[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

I took Advanced Placement European History a few years ago and naturally, we learned a lot about religions. My teacher taught us that the church a long, long time ago felt it necessary to change the wording of the bible to make people act the way the clergy wanted them to. I heard that The phrase in the bible where it says something about witchcraft was changed. It origionally said something like "evildoers" but the church changed the wording, possibly to make it look like it was okay to persecute pagans, because they were trying to convert them all to Christianity. I don't remember much from that class but I do remember there being a lot of fishy things happening with the Bible.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”