Imbolc time 0202 2020

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
SapphireRoad

Imbolc time 0202 2020

Post by SapphireRoad »

Imbolc 0202 2020
sounds awesome doesn't it
13 days in advance to start the thread I see is better so that I don't wind up unprepared.
Last year it was a bit warm so I went a more distant forest with some offering. What I saw to be time-specific was a tree somewhat split into three pieces.
What's your take on Imbolc?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Imbolc time 0202 2020

Post by SpiritTalker »

Re: the 3-way split tree you saw as time specific - do you mean like three realms of reality inter-connected thru the present?
Re: Imbolc - February here means bone biting cold so I’ve always appreciated that it’s the short month on a calendar & enjoy the Ground Hog day festival
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I meant just that it was just on that very day, time of Imbolc that I saw it.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

As I mentioned in the "whats your weather like" - we are having a super warm winter so far. I've been wanting to make an earth candle.

We will have a fire in our garden that night and plant some spring flowers the day after adding the ashes.
It will be a waxing (half-) moon that night.

Nothing spectacular, only love and correspondances.
BB

Blue Moon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

oh wow Holy cow! talk about a between the worlds portal!... numerologically speaking that is.
For anyone who was looking to start their magical practice I would say this would be a powerful time. Imbolc had been know for being a jumping in (to the wheel of the year) point for many traditions, And it looks to be a mirror portal. Time to step through and have a good look at ones self?
The number adds up to 8 which would also lend energy to building new thought process in business and the spiritual. Lay it on it's side and it is the infinity number which represents the continuum of all. Look to the eight holidays and the track we take around the sun, it traces the number eight, known as analemma.
It is also the bridge between the spiritual and the mundane.
And what do the stars say on this day SL?
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Sounds cool, I've got to study the wheel of the year rhythms a bit more.
Since Yule it seems like developing an internal fire so now I prefer warm colours and food and such. I wonder what the post-Imbolc time will bring in this sense.
firebirdflys wrote:And what do the stars say on this day SL?
BB, FF
''T's gonna rain''... meteors or something.
Seriously speaking Moon in Taurus so we're good :wink: Looking at 7:30 PM London time is day of Sun hour of Sun I guess that'd be the time pagans there start to celebrate, we will all have our own time when it comes to hour calibration.
Other than that south node hangs this time in Facies the nebula at Sagittarian Centaurus' head. I think it corresponds with a remarkable think Paracelsus if born 17th December. They say he was born either 11Nov or 17Dec... I think the mercury+neptune at Facies was his thing thence 17th December.
I don't have much to say about the stars configuration in this time cause I'm gazing at it that much I'm taking many recent constells for granted. Perhaps if you were to shed me some light on Imbolc's nature I'd be more aware of what to look into.
Micheál

Post by Micheál »

It's a pretty widely recoignised day here anyway, as St. Brigid's Day, so it's hard for us to miss! It's more promise of the ensuing spring to come, and a reminder I need to get out to collect plenty of rushes to make Brigid's crosses.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have yet to find a location where rushes such as these grow anywhere near here. The closest thing I have been able to procure are Typha latifolia (cat tails) stalks. and they are usually dry this time of year, so we substitute. One can use wheat sheaves too, wrap the dry stalks in a wet towel for a couple hours and they are much more pliable.
This is a really good video on how to make them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErPG3DiT24
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Gotta wait for spring grass to make one of those. Walt Whitman'd approve :mrgreen:
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

On 2/1/20 the Grove of the Celtic Fire Will be celebrating Imbolc at our house. We will have a ritual, followed by a feast. Our Imbolc always includes washing our hands in milk, and the blessing of seeds any of us want to use in our gardens. This year we will probably light the fire pit in the nematon, then use a candle to carry that flame into the house for the ritual, then any offerings to the flame will be placed in front of the candle, and put in the fire pit later. Ritual will be by ADF guidelines. If you will be in the Indianapolis area, feel free to PM me!

Evil Ed
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I will be working. I have my spring ears from Great Wolf Lodge. I'll be wearing those.
Daughter of Sekhmet
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I have ignored Imbolc in the years past, even though as a child I loved it. With the current chaos in the house I doubt this year will work either (still renovating and husband will want to work) but blessing my seeds for this year is a good idea.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

A remembrance of the light growing, the fire of Brighde is within us all.
A simple drawing in of that light and a wish that her energy may flourish within.
Merry Imbolc everyone !!!
bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Merry Imbolc!

We had ritual on Friday's eve with local coven.
Got myself a vision of Triskelion... silver with sapphire-to-azure blue at circles... somehow it fits well to this feast. By the way you don't celebrate now? Morrow's eve is the time I believe?

Blessed be
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

My family traditionally celebrates on the 4th, and with us it is called Erstmilch, meaning first milk. :) It was not ever connected with any god/goddess but it seems we are alone there.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”