Blue dots under eyes

Discussion of folklore and myths.
zenmaster93

Blue dots under eyes

Post by zenmaster93 »

I was wondering if anyone knew what sort of entity has blue dots under its eyes? If any
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Blue dots under eyes

Post by SpiritTalker »

Do you have any more details for a description?

Basically I haven’t got a clue. I’m just working off word associations.The Picts were known for the blue dye they painted on their skin. I looked on Wikipedia for Pictish deities and read about Finn and Fiona as mythic hero’s. Also read about the “salmon of knowledge” and pictures of salmon show them in blue tints and dots.

I looked for blue deities - the Indian Krishna & Shiva are depicted as blue. There’s a blue Buddha. Blue symbolizes the infinite & immeasurable.

Blue dots under the eyes then might symbolize infinite, immeasurable vision, aka the Sight

I looked for prophecy deities & THEIA was the Titan goddess of sight (thea) and the shining ether of the bright, blue sky (aithre). Theia bore the Titan Hyperion three shining children--Helios the Sun, Eos the Dawn, and Selene the Moon. Her name was derived from the Greek words thea "sight" and theiazô "prophesy". She was also named Aithre (Aethra) "Blue-Sky" and Euryphaessa "Wide-Shining"

I also looked at pictures of various falcons and they have head coloring like hoods, and stripes- not dots.

Shrug.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue dots under eyes

Post by Firebird »

Ya, my first thought too was perhaps within the Hindu pantheons.
The blue dye that the Picts used was a plant called woad, we have used it in ritual to paint parts of ourselves, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isatis_tinctoria an invasive member of the Brassicaceae family (like mustards and broccoli).
The fact that the color blue is the focus here is what you might want to explore. Blue can relate to a state of emotion also, as in "the blues". Yet it is known as color of tranquility and calm. Being associated to color of water, lends the energy of emotions, water can evoke peace which leads to healing which leads to joy.
The location of the dots, ie; under the eyes, makes me wonder if tears have involved in your life lately.
Where did you encounter this entity?, was it in the dreamtime?
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Folklore and Myths”