Keepers of secrets support group

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
SapphireRoad

Keepers of secrets support group

Post by SapphireRoad »

Sometimes I wonder about those that decided to join the armed forces. Probably a dream of most men at least for certain periods of time. You get action, you get respect... you see world and get money too. Adrenaline rush addiction and so on.
Well unless you lose body parts in grenade explosion. Or lose romantic imagination when you actually kill someone and feel it to be... not quite human.
I can imagine such that in the midst of conversation they just sadly turn gaze away, without saying nothing more to normal folk. Cutting conversations and leaving groups.
Now that was just an example. I always wished to know secrets and so it came to my abstract wishes rendered true.

I'll start my therapy post here.

Knowing secrets is great... but they are complicated to explain. Complex contexts. You don't bother explaining such. You just remain silent, say nothing to people in certain social situations for you know well chances are the response would be unpleasant. Like most of the time.
So you isolate and ignore people. You pity the naive attitude. You envy the naive attitude of others.
Then you see people again and have a good time and ask yourself if things could be good once again.
Then you talk and talk and have some good time. Then the context requires sharing secrets otherwise all would have been turned into an empty babble. Now you can't share secrets because of complex contexts.
Now you look sadly into eyes of new friends. Now you abandon them yet again.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Keepers of secrets support group

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can’t figure if you’re in need of support or offering support :) . I would hazard a guess you don’t mean personal secrets - empaths sometimes receive those - but instead you are referring to mysteries & unheard-unseen things we register on our psi radar. Sadly in my experience only a few would want to know or give a care, &like you’ve said it’s in the eyes. All we can offer is guidance if it’s sought and help fellow see-er’s to blow off steam. Lately I’ve been rattling the cage of the etheric realm to cope in this bass-ackwards reality. I was reminded that “to know” is witchcraft but not knowing is faith. How often have the Ancients remarked on illusion? Times is always a’changing & we don’t go back, so may as well go ahead. Offer a hand when we can. Nobody gets there until we get together.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I thought such groups serve to both receive and provide support, by people sharing emotions and listening to each other. Thank you for your input, there is some satisfaction in "knowing is witchcraft" feels comforting :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I felt it referred to the esoteric or witch’s pyramid of to know, to will, to dare & to be silent, if that rings a bell.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do you feel you've abandon a friend when you cannot tell a secret? Perhaps it is the content of the secret?, like, could that secret hurt the receiver? In which case they are not the best choice of holding your secret.
I remember a saying my friend had carved in a board in his room "three can keep a secret of two of them are dead"
Then, is the secret to relieve oneself of a burden to heavy to hold? or to relieve ones conscious, the latter being a bit selfish perhaps.
Again it is content. a.) Does one know of an individual attempting terrorism?, or b.) do you not tell aunt Molly that her daughter thinks the hat mom wears looks horrible?
a) -tell someone in the proper channel.
b) - keep that secret to yourself.

or as Spirit was saying is this to do with a Witches' "to keep silent" aspect.

bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Yes I know that. I think it is a subject to dance of duality though.
You stay silent a year. Then what? Just like words are measured to end so can silence be... the witches' recommendation is either just an opinion... or I don't really understand it.

FF you're pretty much right. Nowadays there are really many things that I wish to not know myself, I never imagined I'd grow to be like this, curiosity-free. Reminds of documentaries called Shocking Asia. I decided I just did not want to see cruelties I'd find in those films so I never watched them. Yeah been many years ago I decided there are things I did not want to know.
Now I don't know if it is good to know, because many things that I neglected as "oh it's too scary to think of," or "noo that can't be" would had been useful to me way sooner than the moment I had to learn them the hard way.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Where are you pulling this silent for a year thing?
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Could you rephrase the question?
About pure witchcraft I kept deadly silent 3 years for example. One considers silence mastery? When you share joy or skill you get the countering force that disrupts what you have, yes, but also gratitude of souls that you share it with, which you'll reap later on.
Isn't that the trick of selfishness in life? If you never sacrifice personal for whole, general progress leads to downfall. If you sacrifice your comfort for others, society bears fruits that you'll profit from (perhaps much) later on.

Return to “Mental Health”