Not a witch but I have a familiar??

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
kobikobi

Not a witch but I have a familiar??

Post by kobikobi »

Hi everybody, I know I'm an intruder but I did something and now I don't know what to believe anymore :|, well in 2019, my family and myself rescued 4 beautiful cats, they were thrown away in a dumpster (in a box) and were only about 2 weeks old. We decided to keep them all together inside the house. They never go out because when we had cats before, we did the mistake to let them wonder in the nature and they all got killed by stray dogs or by stupid neighbours who thought putting poison everywhere was a good idea. Anyway. So there's this cat, Félix, and he's the weirdest of them all., he seems like he's coming straight outta hell. Not even joking. He have those evil eyes and he's like an open book, to know an animal's feelings, people say to look at their ears right? But when you look into Félix's eyes, you know what he's feeling. I'm a 15 year old teenager who always loved mystical and fantastic worlds, I never looked more into it. But this one time, I decided to do something fun. I watched Sabrina on netflix and honestly it was boomb but you know, teenagers always gotta do something stupid. I went on Google and searched a spell for having a familiar, and I did it on Félix, a fake one I'm sure. But now he's always in my butt! , I mean it's great because he's the cutest, fat, beautiful, gay cat but at the same time I'm not a witch, and I never practised any witchcraft! Right when I'm writing he's sleeping next to me, with his head in my legs. He only go for me, he hates the others, he wait until I sleep to get off my bed and sleep somewhere else. He follows me everywhere and I know he understand me when I talk. We were not close at all before that spell. Not at all. It's not the lockdowns who's driving me crazy, I know what I'm talking about. Can you Help? Is it normal?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Not a witch but I have a familiar??

Post by SpiritTalker »

It’s good of your family to rescue the litter. I found one of my 2 present cats in a dumpster too. Anyhow, I sort of wonder where you get the idea that a cat’s intelligence and ability to communicate it’s feelings is -how’d you say it?- straight out of hell. Get a grip would ya 😸 . i think it’s kind of interesting that reading a cat‘s emotional state is not shown just by the position of their ears but also with their tails. Google that for diagrams. It helps to figure the little guys out.

Velcro-kitty behavior - stuck to you like with Velcro - isn’t uncommon when there’s a change in people’s routines. When I retired and wasn’t going out to work every day my 2-year old male cat attached to me like we’d been joined at the hip. Before that he hadnot been preoccupied with using me as a cat-couch more than any other stationary object. Cats do follow their person-of-interest to the bathroom for some reason as if they thought there was a secret exit in there and we’d try to escape.

The pop culture Hollywood tv portrayal of familiars is one of my pet peeves. Historically the concept of an animal spirit guide comes from shamanistic, indigenous cultures. The concept of a witch’s familiar spirit comes from the witch trials of the 1300-1700s, and were recorded as being the Fae or an ancestral family spirit. The key word here being spirit. The resemblance with an animal-like appearance pertained to references to the witch’s own spirit being visible when astral projecting, out of body. Reference anthropologists Carlo Ginsburg and Emma Wilby.

So copying a spell while having no knowledge to put behind it isn’t likely to have been responsible for Felix’s behavior. You singled him out for special attention and he intelligently responded just about the time the whole danged planet changed its behavior & is staying at home due to the alleged plandemic. Our behavior is our pet’s security. So cut Felix some slack. Throw a catnip filled sock his way as a distraction. As I’m writing this my Velcro-cat is laying on my ankle. :mrgreen:

If you feel you need to cancel the attempted spell see the post “simple spells” in the spell section
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36682

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”