U.S. vs Eastern Europe

Talk about anything you want to here.
Bychan Wulf

U.S. vs Eastern Europe

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Maybe, good thing is something is using all that energy, 'cause (yeah, I'll praise a little) it doesn't seem to be put on as weight. In one year only 1 kg is up.

I saw a statistic the other day that proved that americans are like 60% happier than europeans. The explanation was that in the USA jogging is like a national sport. Running proved to be one of the most effective physical exercise because it is usually done outside which means more oxygen for the body, it contracts and helps to the tonus of many more combined exercises, it can be social or done solo and running also helps releasing among toxins some hormones that help building a physical (internal) and mental balance.

Now that I'm done with the statistics...which are one of my addictions, I can share my first attempt to start doing jogging. I live in a small city where everybody knows everybody (yay me) and last autumn I decided to start running in the area I live in, in the evening. The old ladies came out of their houses the next day and waited for me to tell me that only desperate girls who are trying to find a husband are doing this in order to draw attention, and 3 cars stopped, asking me if I wanted them to take me home. Seriously, I thought they were smarter than that. Maybe small towns are not the best choice for starting something new...so I just run around the hlur and the yard now, making my pets think I'm insane :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

U.S. vs Eastern Europe

Post by moonraingirl »

Bychan Wulf wrote:Maybe, good thing os something is usung all that energy, 'cause (yeah, I'll praise a little) it doesn't seem to be put on as weight. In one year only 1 kg is up.

I saw a statistic the other day that proved that americans are like 60% happier than europeans. The explanation was that in the USA jogging is like a national sport. Running proved to be one of the most effective physical exercise because it is usually done outside which means more oxygen for the body, it contracts and helps to the tonus of many more combined exercises, it can be social or done solo and running also helps releasing among toxins some hormones that help building a physical (internal) and mental balance.

Now that I'm done with the statistics...which are one of my addictions, I can share my first attempt to start doing jogging. I live in a small city where everybody knows everybody (yay me) and last autumn I decided to start running in the area I live in, in the evening. The old ladies came out of their houses the next day and waited for me to tell me that only desperate girls who are trying to find a husband are doing this in order to draw attention, and 3 cars stopped, asking me if I wanted them to take me home. Seriously, I thought they were smarter than that. Maybe small towns are not the best choice for starting something new...so I just run around the hlur and the yard now, making my pets think I'm insane :-)
Lol recently I saw a funny picture.
It was a comparison between the US and Eastern Europe.
In the US, there was a picture of cctv camera. In Eastern Europe, there were a few pictures of typical old ladies watching you from the window :-)
We have that too. Wherever you go, whatever you do, at least one of them is watching you :-) and their judgement is much stricter than official court.
And now that warm season is beginning, there will be groups of them sitting on the bench in front of almost each block of flats.
For example when I walk the dog they shout at me to pick up the poo or shout well done, you're a decent dog owner :-)

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”