My Experience with Sekhmet

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
missbelladonna

My Experience with Sekhmet

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone! I wanted to share some experiences I've had with Sekhmet.

I posted this story before, but years ago, I was in an abusive relationship. My abuser was lying to me and manipulating me. This time, he was blatantly ignoring me and telling me that it was because he was so depressed he couldn't do anything. I asked Sekhmet to open my eyes because i was very confused and brainwashed as to what was happening to me. I asked her to give me strength. The very next day, I saw that he had posted a picture of himself out on Facebook, not only that, but he had a big smile on his face.

Cutting ties with my abuser was the bravest thing I've ever done. After that, anytime he tried to contact me, I felt the fire in my blood-- and I was able to tell him off. That was something I had never done before.

Recently, I have had other problems that had really hurt my self esteem. My therapist was asking me what I had been doing with my newfound free time, and I told him I was reading. He asked me what I was reading, and I gave him a vague description of my Bast and Sekhmet book.

I described Sekhmet and the lion energy-- I was afraid he wouldn't understand, but he said that he could totally see the lion energy and the bravery in our work together. He said I have developed a fire in the way that I no longer take abuse and believe it is my fault, but get angry at the injustice. I stick up for myself in a way I didn't before.
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
Black Cloud

Re: My Experience with Sekhmet

Post by Black Cloud »

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Experience with Sekhmet

Post by Firebird »

That's incredibly powerful missbelladonna! How great that must feel, good job there lady :fairy:
I personally do not work with Sekhmet, wish Snow Cat was still around she would definitely have something to add here.
The feline energy you mention sort of reminds me of the Strength card. You know, it's our ordeals that bring on the lessons we never wanted to have to learn, right? This page summed up the card well, and you can get a quick 3 card reading for free! https://www.keen.com/articles/tarot/strength-tarot-card
You are fortunate to have someone to talk to who will not judge, that's a blessing, but hey, if he did you would probably have to fire him!, because that would not be cool, I get how you feel though. I had some interesting discussions with my therapist about magical thinking, and how in some applications it's a benefit and not a deficit. Then I had to tell her why, and that I was a witch, I almost expected her to run out the room.

Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”