Reason to believe in reincarnation.

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
rjmamula14

Reason to believe in reincarnation.

Post by rjmamula14 »

I don’t know For a fact whether or not reincarnation is real. However my attitude is if I can’t remember vividly the past life and learn from it,what’s the point in reincarnation? So even if reincarnation does happen, it really practically doesn’t happen. That is the way I look at it. Now I know some of you have claim you have been able to remember or at least get an idea of a past life to some extent. So tell me your secret and where I should begin if I decide to go that route.
Black Cloud

Re: Reason to believe in reincarnation.

Post by Black Cloud »

It doesn't really matter. You are who you are now, no matter who you were in the past, if anything at all.

Do I believe in reincarnation? Sure, it's possible, I won't rule it out. I've gotten inclinations of past lives. Once I was stationed in Bad Tölz Germany for the US Army. We stayed in the old SS Officer Candidate School which was converted to US Army facilities after the Second World War. While exploring the lower levels of the facility I felt like I had been there before. Life is strange like that.

The beauty is that we each can believe what we want to believe.
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

The goal of many religions is to obtain liberation from the cycle of reincarnation. Since it creates suffering.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I have always inclined toward incarnation (rather then reincarnation). To my mind it makes a lot of things make sense.

A cup draws forth water from a sea (incarnation) then the water returns to the source (disincarnation). We are the cup and the water. Our water endures.

The pursuit of Spirituality in this sense is not seen simply as some kind of personal spiritual evolution - more personal 'truths' leading to a recognition and spiritual reconnection - a remembrance - of an individuals spirit being indivisible, part of that universal, multifaceted soul. Water remembering the sea.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

There is a nice trick to verify if something was your past life.
Only problem being you need to feel the connection to someone famous from the past.
Then disturb the soul of such historical figure by talking about it at place full of witches, or people with high psychic powers.... or make a summon the dead ritual.

In case no soul comes, you are reincarnation of that historical figure.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I wonder if reincarnation is part of dejavu- the been there done that, gee this is familiar- process.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ya I think of that too...de ja vu, why is this so familiar.? I also wonder about parallel universes and if we are sensing something of our other self in another world. Or it could be a past life?, or perhaps more of a repressed dream that was precognitive in nature.
But as far a reincarnation, all I can say is I know the essence/electrical body/spirit of a person never dies, it just changes form. What that form is has been debated on and on. Will it be human? will it be a cat? will it be a rock? will it be a waterfall. All of these things have energy, some vibrating at higher levels than others. What we don't know is to what vibration level, What we do know is things electrical in nature can never end they can only change form. That gives me comfort in some ways, knowing that we do not just blink out at the end of this incarnation.
It reminds me of the decent of Inanna. At one gate loosing the ego which in turn is the loss of self identity.
When we are reborn into the arms of our mother, whom or what ever that might be, an opportunity to dwell in another form comes with new ego.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
brandiebuck

Post by brandiebuck »

When we die, even if our spirit is not reincarnated, our body takes new forms which could be seen as a form of reincarnation. We are beings of energy and matter, and as firebirdflys mentioned above, neither of those things disappear from the universe upon death. In this sense, our bodies are fueled by and composed of generations of past life in many different forms. In turn, our own bodies can be turned to soil, ash, or used by other creatures and used for new life when we die. Our atoms can be rearranged, repurposed, and the energy stored in our chemical bonds can be released to fuel new consciousness. This cycle of transferring energy and matter, driven by universal equilibrium and entropy, connects us to the universe over vast timescales. I am open to the idea of reincarnation as a spiritual belief because consciousness is not completely understood, and we already know that every part of our body and our energy is recycled in the universe.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

rjmamula14 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:47 pm I don’t know For a fact whether or not reincarnation is real. However my attitude is if I can’t remember vividly the past life and learn from it,what’s the point in reincarnation? So even if reincarnation does happen, it really practically doesn’t happen. That is the way I look at it. Now I know some of you have claim you have been able to remember or at least get an idea of a past life to some extent. So tell me your secret and where I should begin if I decide to go that route.
Something to think about is the meaning in the Wiccan holiday Lammas honoring the Green Man &1st harvest. He is celebrated with bread and mead, two forms of the sacrificed god, who reconciles life, death and rebirth in the agricultural cycles.

There’s no requirement to believe in reincarnation. People with certain experiences indicating the potential are likely to accept it. Those with other experiences are guided to other equally valid beliefs. Accept where you are for today and let tomorrow be open to new ideas as you research your interests. Whatever your awareness is for now take note. Being aware of out of body excursions can open new vistas. Just being aware of your spirit-body may be a place to start if you have an interest.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”