Scary experience with something...not sure what/who?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
shelivesinphases

Scary experience with something...not sure what/who?

Post by shelivesinphases »

So I did something a little reckless...I know, never a good idea in witchcraft, but I thought I was prepared. I cleansed my space and lit a candle, inviting spirits/deities in under the light of the candle. While the candle was lit, a few things fell off my walls/shelves, e.g. a flag I had up. I decided to draw it to a close as I was getting a weird feeling and asked that anything or anyone present should leave. I had all the windows open. I rang my bell and used an incantation. I still got bad vibes from the room a day later, so I did a tarot reading to clarify if I was alone.

Hoo boy, the cards called me an idiot.

I asked 'is everything in this room ok?' and pulled the Tower. I then asked two similar questions and pulled inverted Death and the Tower again. I lit a lemon and eucalyptus candle but it went out, by which point I was getting a little panicky. I salted the corners and used my bell again, repeating the my incantation and asking anyone or anything to leave. I eventually got my candle lit and felt better - I consulted the cards again, who thankfully confirmed I was successful, but did give me a pretty stern warning.

Any ideas as to who or what could have been sticking around? I felt very panicked and paranoid while they were present. I live in England if that helps anything.

I'd love anyone's thoughts on the matter, even if it's just to call me a dumbass haha.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Scary experience with something...not sure what/who?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I haven’t a clue. Did any of the things which fell have a special meaning to you that might give a clue? Did you put any disclaimer on the spirits invited - or was it for anyone in the area is welcome sort of invite? Those are clues. What’s the local history of the house/building you Live in? More clues. Have there been any deaths in the place? That sort of visitor usually presses hard to get a message over.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Last time I pulled up the tower and death the 1994 Northridge earthquake happened the next day.

You did not mention setting a circle or placing pentagrams at the quarters. These protections may have weeded out the spirits that go bump in the night, but you may have to be more specific and selective about who you call in.
You call everything and its a party! And we all know what happens when a big party goes on, stuff gets broke. :x
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
shelivesinphases

SpiritTalker wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:10 pm I haven’t a clue. Did any of the things which fell have a special meaning to you that might give a clue? Did you put any disclaimer on the spirits invited - or was it for anyone in the area is welcome sort of invite? Those are clues. What’s the local history of the house/building you Live in? More clues. Have there been any deaths in the place? That sort of visitor usually presses hard to get a message over.
I asked solely for spirits with good intentions, but left it open after that. I'm new to the area so still trying to work out exactly who's about.

The house is relatively newly built, not much history to the building itself. However, I do know that not far away, a swamp was drained to make room for housing back in the 70's...I wonder if it could be a spirit without a home to go to?

The objects were pretty ordinary as far as I can tell - the only obvious meaning is that the flag was a pride flag. Could be a warning not to be so openly queer perhaps? Or the spirit is a bit prejudiced haha.
shelivesinphases

firebirdflys wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:50 pm Last time I pulled up the tower and death the 1994 Northridge earthquake happened the next day.

You did not mention setting a circle or placing pentagrams at the quarters. These protections may have weeded out the spirits that go bump in the night, but you may have to be more specific and selective about who you call in.
You call everything and its a party! And we all know what happens when a big party goes on, stuff gets broke. :x
Bb, FF
Wow! That's a follow through if I've ever heard of one. I didn't notice anything quite so big after I pulled the cards, so I think they were heavily influenced by this local spirit. I'm not experienced with using circles but I definitely will look into it more next time I invite in anything. Do you have any ideas how to strongly weed out spirits with bad intentions? I feel an incantation can only do so much. It very much felt like an unwelcome houseguest after a birthday party - the kind that won't leave no matter how much you hint.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Weed them out by requesting only those you wish to be present into your circle.
Those cards I pulled...I never in a million years thought it would be so literal.
In other circumstances they would indicate a big shift and radical change. The death can be the ego, and the tower shaking down old ways of thinking. At the very least transformation is in store.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”