Any advice on teething puppies?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Any advice on teething puppies?

Post by Anubisa »

Hi everyone,

I hope I put this in the right place. If not put it in the correct forum for me. So we got a new puppy last month, Lily Rose, and she is about 17 weeks old. According to her previous owners she was born on May 11. Anyway, we are having a little trouble with her teething. Right now she is going through that phase. Usually it starts about 3 months in and lasts till they are 6 months when they get their adult teeth. She has such sharp teeth. We're trying to get her to stop biting our fingers and hands. She even tries to bite at my chin and ear lobes. I know this is a way to be affectionate, but we have to nip it in the bud. We've got plenty of toys for her. Is there any advice? Thanks.
Attachments
lilyme.jpg
Anubisa
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Any advice on teething puppies?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Rawhide chew toys and lots of TLC💕 & when petting her, start at her shoulder blades, where she can’t nip.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Any advice on teething puppies?

Post by Anubisa »

Thanks for the help. I'll try it. I do have rawhide bones, but I haven't tried petting her down from her shoulder blades. I'll do that.
Anubisa

Return to “Animals and Pets”