Working with my ancestor

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Working with my ancestor

Post by Firebird »

This was an unusually interesting experience.
I've honored ancestors and tried to be mindful of their lessons in the past, but never have I actually "worked" with my ancestor. I mean actual physical labor.
I hadn't mentioned that I've been at my mothers home for over a month now. She had a fall in late August and needed a great deal of help. So I came to do all the cooking and cleaning and help wherever needed. She is completely relying on a walker now.
She fell because of an old tuft of dead grass in a lawn that had been let go because of the drought. That lawn has been dead over 4 years now. We have talked about decorative rock, with maybe a dry creek bed "look" for as long as the lawn has been dead.
We discovered her walker will not do well in decorative rock so we decided on decomposed granite because the finished surface is almost as hard as cement.
I have spent several days in the last many weeks shoveling and scraping up the earth and removing the old tufts of grass.
So here is the weird part... when I pulled dads old shovel out of the shed and started working, it was as if the labor was easy. I realized the well worn and highly polished surface of the handle was the years of toil my Father had imbued upon this tool. The work was nearly effortless went fairly quickly and I did not get one blister nor did my damaged back give me much grief. I could feel my dad there with me in some sense holding me up encouraging me, as if he knew this is the best option to keep mom in her home for as long as possible.
Well, the DG was dumped in the driveway Wednesday, I laid the weed paper Thursday morning and Thursday afternoon I began to haul the gravel to the backyard. Unfortunatly dad's old wheelbarrow has a tire low on air and that did make it harder, but thankfully my gardener helper showed up early with a good wheelbarrow, put air in ours and we were in business. After about ten trips I was toast, it was at least 95 degrees and I could hear my dad saying, "sit down, this is why you hired this guy. "
What an amazing experience. I'm going up to the cemetery right now to bring flowers and thank Dad and leave apples and carrots for the deer.
They come to pound it out on Saturday. I'll post a picture later.
Thanks Dad ❤
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Working with my ancestor

Post by SpiritTalker »

Love this 💕
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working with my ancestor

Post by Firebird »

Thanks SpiritTalker ❤
Again typed a bunch of stuff and it vanished 😥
I realized the wheelbarrow I worked with was the one my daughter used as a pool when she was 2 and 3. 😲
She's 37 now. 😳
The DG yard, w/mums
The DG yard, w/mums
For Mum!

It covered 440 square feet @ 2 1/2 inches deep in most places, we saved a small square behind the photo as "the wild zone"

I'm home for the moment, ma in law had been here for a month after her release from the hospital, she almost died of kidney failure, she went back to her house 2 days ago. Why does it get so complicated all at once? Wanted to see little brother before his bladder cancer surgery, but then my mom fell, I had to go there instead and husband was having the crisis with his mom, whew😬.
I want to rest, but I still have piles of stuff in the backyard that was moved when the new garage door was installed, With my hasty departure, I just threw a tarp over it and hoped it wouldn't rain.
Oh boy,.... I did send the radial arm saw to step son (a giant piece of machinery) with hubs and daughter who went to San Diego to visit his new little ranchette (that he was evacuated from) because of the Valley fire 2 weeks after he moved in. 😱
Chill, ok...for a moment.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”