Abandoning alcohol

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
rjmamula14

Abandoning alcohol

Post by rjmamula14 »

In light of recent events and reflections, I have decided I am done with alcohol. I have nothing against it and if you like to drink good for you. For me it’s about association. If you feel you have to drink to fit in then you are trying to fit in with the wrong people. I turned 21 with no intention of ever drinking alcohol because I saw no point. At age 24 I decided I should because of the culture I wanted to be a part of. I always drank responsibly. Now I am 40 and am realizing where my priorities are wrong. If I am to become the best version of myself, this is the path to take.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Abandoning alcohol

Post by Firebird »

I can appreciate what you need to do for yourself. Our journeys show us what we need if we listen. I commend you for that.
Alcohol has been the bane of many lives. Yet red wine and beer (not together! :wink: ) have significant health benefits in moderation.
Used in a ritual setting, was a place where I considered it holy and sacred and the aqua vita of the Gods, For many years that was the only place I consumed mead, abstaining all else until ritual eve, and then only one or two sips.
Then 911 happened and several of us sat around the fire and drank all day. It's a weird fluid that one can pour their grief into. Though used too frequently, it's grief will pour into one.
Best wishes on your quest.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Abandoning alcohol

Post by SpiritTalker »

The best place to “fit in” is with yourself, your own values, etc. & what’s good for you. 🙂

Return to “For Everyone”