Controlling and possessive people

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
SapphireRoad

Controlling and possessive people

Post by SapphireRoad »

Seems tough since the causes described are basically reflection of modern urban life in a nutshell

https://psychology-spot.com/controlling ... rsonality/
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
lizlunatic0

Re: Controlling and possessive people

Post by lizlunatic0 »

This is really interesting—you’re right about the causes being a reflection of modern urban life. I’ve seen people get caught up in the rat race and become totally poisoned by it.

I loved this part: “However, we must bear in mind that nobody can control us without our permission, which means that, in a certain way, we are also ‘accomplices’ of that manipulation. Maya Angelou wrote: ‘You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you can choose that it does not weaken you.’”

^I’m definitely guilty of this. It took me a long time to realize that the controlling people around me weren’t acting that way because I’m bad, but because of their own fears and insecurities. That realization has helped me see and treat them with more compassion.

Thanks for sharing!
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Problem is that this are massive waves of emotional energy. Psychology exposes but it takes magical practice to heal it.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

lizlunatic0 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am Maya Angelou wrote: ‘You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you can choose that it does not weaken you.’”
SapphireRoad wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 pm Problem is that this are massive waves of emotional energy. Psychology exposes but it takes magical practice to heal it.
The "choosing" not to let it affect/weaken you is the magical practice though, yes? :fairy:
It gets exhausting always being the bigger person, stronger person, more emotionally intelligent person. The better you get at it though, the more you are able to recognize these controlling people and keep them out and away from your life in the first place, you will feel less drained and having to do damage control with your own psyche.
It's really the battle of Evermore, people by nature want validation. It's sad when we can't get it where we think we should.
:kiss: smileykiss2 smileylove
Most often these people are :vampire: goodnevil :twisted: and the are fullfilling that twisted need whether they know they are doing it or not.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

To me if you hang around them you get a neurosis from evaluating too much whether you are fighting against them well enough.
Better is to leave them. But now that we can expose the struggles via psychoanalysis they have a chance to look for some healing. Already by exposing things i.e. bringing them on light we can 'dry some shadows'. Then, we can seek appropriate magical stuff.

Look up Plutonian aspects when looking into astrological correspondences for this.

Return to “Mental Health”