Talking with spirits.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wolf Heart

Talking with spirits.

Post by Wolf Heart »

I have reason to believe there is a spirit in my apartment with me. I don't feel as though he/she is at all hostile, I believe they are friendly. I've seen them once, briefly while I was cooking. I saw someone walking into my hallway and I whizzed around to see who had come in my house and no one was there. I got this strange feeling after that that someone was watching me. I don't feel in danger or scared at all by this spirit, but I was wondering if anyone had any sort of ritual or something that would allow me to talk to this spirit, just to know them better.
I don't want them to leave, cause in all fairness I think they were here first. So any suggestions?
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Do you think it could be your spirit guide, loved one, or someone you don't know?
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

There is no "spell" or ritual needed here nor should you be doing one. You simply have to open yourself to the Spirit. If you try to impose your will on the Spirit by trying to cast some sort of spell to make them speak to you, you'll simply drive them away. What you need to do is clear everything out of the way (distractions, bad energies, etc - do a GOOD cleansing!), and LISTEN. If and when theyre ready to speak, and they feel YOU are in the proper spiritual place, you'll hear.......
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Talking with spirits.

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic

You can talk out loud to resident spirits. If you want to use telepathy then close your eyes & focus your inner gaze on your forehead (3rd eye) as you project the thought.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Talking with spirits.

Post by Firebird »

[ravenwing] wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:18 pm What you need to do is clear everything out of the way (distractions, bad energies, etc - do a GOOD cleansing!)
I'm going to disagree with this a bit. The purpose of clearing out space and doing a cleansing might drive away the very spirit you are trying to connect with. Kinda surprised SpiritTalker didn't mention that when she drug this topic out of the basement...
Rather, try lighting a candle, and placing a glass of water next to the flame and let the unknown energy that you welcome it and would like to connect on some level. Then be open, spend some time in contemplative thought before the flame, then go about your day. Only snuff the candle if you must leave the home. Replenish the water daily, offer the used water somewhere on the land. Replace candle as needed. Do this for 9 days (magical number of completion) in a row, then take a break for at least 3 days, (magical number of return) and you can try again if you like. Once you have established who the spirit may be you may wish to continue with some sort of daily offering in a designated spot.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”