Disposing of Salt

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
moondustandunicorns

Disposing of Salt

Post by moondustandunicorns »

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to stock pile ingredients for spells in a frugal way. One of the things I wanted to do was make black salt, since I have the ingredients for it. I've read a few articles about its uses but I have a few questions for those of you who use it frequently.

When you dispose of it, is it safe to bury it in the ground? Wouldn't it harm the plant life around it? If you place it on your doorstep, will it not eventually leech into the grass and kill it?

Some of the uses I saw for it included burying it in the ground in a compostable bag. My gut tells me that's a bad idea, but I'm just wondering if maybe I'm incorrect or if there is a better way of doing it.

I don't even feel comfortable sprinkling it around me to make a circle outdoors. Am I being too sensitive about it?

Blessed Be,

AJ
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Disposing of Salt

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yes, salt kills plant life. There’s a difference between a pinch or 2 and a 1/2 cup. I’ve sprinkled black salt mixed with protective herbs and spices along my lot-line without harm. I’ve used 1/2 cup salt in H2O to kill weeds in the cracks of the cement.

Outdoors the ground itself is already sacred. We don’t have to sprinkle salt. Sweeping is another way to dispel stagnant energies.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disposing of Salt

Post by Firebird »

Epsom salt won't hurt the plants. It looks like salt but it is not sodium. Some feel it is a good substitute.
But with table or rock salt dilute it in water, deactivate it's magical use or intent then wash it down the drain or flush it.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”