Introduction to Mack

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
MackAdam

Introduction to Mack

Post by MackAdam »

Greetings! Just wanted to give a quick introduction. You can call me Mack (a pseudonym). A little about me:

I’m a 44 year old married father and this past year has been quite eye opening for me. Over twenty years ago, when I was in college and the internet was just starting to blossom, I became fascinated with Wicca and witchcraft. Every opportunity I could find, I’d run to the library or nearby Barnes and noble and read everything I could find, or I’d scour the internet for as much information as I could gather in my free time. This interest faded from me and soon after college I met the woman who became my wife. We have lived a regular, churchgoing life and my kids and step kids have been raised in a mainstream Christian way of life.

Two things happened along the way. One was this pandemic took place, forcing my company to work from home. Without the constant scrutiny of work, I started wandering the internet again, sort of rediscovering Wicca and learning all about it all over again. I became very immersed in reading as much as I could about it, but very secretly since this would be very upsetting to my wife. As we started partially working from the office again, and in an effort not to freak out my wife, I abandoned my fascination with witchcraft.

Mind you, in all these years, Wicca has strictly been a fascination. I never actually “did” anything. I came tantalizingly close but ultimately out of fear I never went through with anything beyond knowledge gathering. No spells, no circle casting (I wanted to try this so bad in college!), no incantations.

The other thing was in a roundabout way, my cousin came out to me that she is a witch. She’s been working with crystals and tarot for several years but it’s only in the past few months that she’s gone deeper and embraced Wicca, as this is what she calls herself now. This has caused me to “relapse” and I am once again mesmerized by this belief system. We have messaged back and forth, me mostly blowing up her inbox, and I’ve become very interested in dabbling with magick again. I have been looking for the perfect spell to begin spellwork and I recently performed a relaxation bath spell with epsom salt and shower gel. I’m looking forward to the next full moon, this weekend, and have been researching rituals in preparation for Imbolc. I was thinking of doing a little candle spell to honor my new venture into Wicca. This is proving to be exceedingly difficult to do in secret so that my household doesn’t know. But I’m hoping that with the help of my cousin and boards like this one, I’ll be able to explore this fascination and possible calling.
Black Cloud

Re: Introduction to Mack

Post by Black Cloud »

Greetings Mack
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there Mack!,
wow, what a journey. I think the biggest misconception is that we worship the devil, and that may be a fear your wife has. If she understands we are more about the earth and that this is more of a self affirming path she might be less freaked out. Also there is many Christians on the path, so maybe she would explore this from that perspective.
Anyway Welcome! Come on in and feel free to ask questions.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MackAdam

Post by MackAdam »

I’ve always been a bit of a solitary spirit, at the very least I am able to compartmentalise different parts of my life so it’s not so bad. I just know that whenever I’m in my secret Pinterest board looking at all the beautiful witchy stuff and learning learning learning, it feels so comfy, so right, it’s hard to explain. I might pursue a Christian witch path later on but right now one of the big things for me is being drawn to the Goddess. Not sure which one, or if even anyone in particular, but it’s something I am very interested in among other aspects of Wicca.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Welcome to the forum!
Anubisa
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

👋 hi n’ howdy.