Finishing/Dismantling Spell Jars

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
uaya

Finishing/Dismantling Spell Jars

Post by uaya »

Hey everyone quick q,
I recently decided to try spell jars, seems a relatively simple but effective form of sympathetic magick. The one question I have is when the spell is done or "lost its juice".
Can I take apart the jar to reuse the contents (probably not reuse the herbs or anything I mean the crystals) because I can't really see myself constantly buying crystals to put in the jars and never be able to use the crystal again. Also even if there were no items I needed again, what do I do with the spell? I can't keep it forever, if I bury it will it keep going? What if I just need to renew the spell, would taking the jar apart ruin or undo the effect leaving me off worse? I know some spells you do bury on purpose but for example, a protection jar for yourself, it wouldn't be wise to open it so should I just bury and make a new one when I feel the need?

Any insight appreciated thanks!
Last edited by TwilightDancer on Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Finishing/Dismantling Spell Jars

Post by SpiritTalker »

Howdy - once I dismantle a ward spell’s components it feels to me as if the spell is ended. I burn papers & spent herbs or compost the biodegradables and wash/re-use metal, stone, glass, ceramics for a new ward spell. Any spells in which the purpose has been accomplished, I’d burn/compost/recycle as appropriate.
TwilightDancer

Re: Finishing/Dismantling Spell Jars

Post by TwilightDancer »

I reuse my crystals and stones after cleansing and charging. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”