Help for a confused newbie

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
RakyMoony

Help for a confused newbie

Post by RakyMoony »

Hello there,
I recently find your forum and I hope you can help me! Please, be gentle:writing in english is not my coup of tea ^^"
I'm from Italy, I'm 25 and I lived most of my life under my catholic family will so I never explored the witchcraft world before. Now I'm trying to find out which "type" of witch could I be and witch path I could follow and I hope you can help me with some tips, suggestions, impressions. I'm reading everything I can (in this period i've not so much money to invest in books but I found some pdf online and some blogs) but I'm really confused cause I can't figured out where and how to start. I read about different type of witches, dieties, morrigan, ancestors, spirits, ego, innerchild, shadow and a tons of other thing and at the end i was SOOOOOO confused :shock:
This is what I can teel about me:
When I was a child I was fascinated by dragons, magick, element spirits and some times I had a strong feeling of something was around me, plus I thought that my emotion could influence the weather or the sea (yeah, I was a very wired child). I have dejavu very often and when I meet someone my first impression is never wrong.
In the past I had a car accident with my scooter where someone didn't give way to me at a crossroad BUT the wired thing was that alle the week before this happens I felt like I was going to have an accident soon, that feeling was so strong that I started to wear long heavy jeans, jacket and boots in the middle of the summer only to ride my scooter and I started to go slower (and this literally save my life during the accident) AND during the accident I had a strongsensation that someone was hugging me, like to protect me. It was SO wired.
And some months ago I woke up with a dream in my mind where my mother told me that one of my cousins is going to have the second son, it was so vivid that I had to ask to my mother if she really told me that and she replied me "no, your cousin's wife is not pregnant". Some weeks after this conversation my uncle told us my cousin's wife was 4 months pregnant. My mom looked at me very wierdly.
At the momento i know I'm facinated by tarot, spirits, dragons (and everything that remind me about them like some lizards or snakes) dogs, cats, rodent, horses (I LOVE horses, their so majestic), the idea of past life and reincarnation and nothing else at the moment.

I hope to not sound stupid but all this things are new to me and I found very hard to focus and understand where and how to start. I hope you can help me with your experience or with practical advice like books to read first or thing to try or anything else you think it will be usefull!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Help for a confused newbie

Post by SpiritTalker »

Paths relay the beliefs of the culture the path comes from. It’s too early to select a path. Trying to match what you already know will only repeat what you have already learned. You’ll get bored. Figure out what you want to learn and then follow your interests. Then the path reveals itself.

Keep a 📒 notebook. Start a list of the things you’ve already observed and of what you want to learn. From what you’ve said about dreams and accurate first impressions you already know you have precognitive and empathic abilities. If you want to know more about that then read about psychic abilities and parapsychology. You already use your empathic ability for sensing spirits, so use it to greet the genius loci, the spirit of the place wherever you might be. Use your intuitive ability for reading impressions to sense the magical usefulness of living plants. Write your thoughts in your notebook.

As you’re attracted to dragons journal about them. What do they symbolize and represent? These are all part of learning to use your intuitive ability in your Craft. When you feel attracted to something or repelled you should figure out why. Learn from it.

Author Raven Grimassi has written several books on Italian witchcraft. His site has some PDFs. https://houseofgrimassi.com/resources/

The topic “Getting Started” may be of interest. viewtopic.php?f=80&t=34769
RakyMoony

Post by RakyMoony »

SpiritTalker wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 am Paths relay the beliefs of the culture the path comes from. It’s too early to select a path. Trying to match what you already know will only repeat what you have already learned. You’ll get bored. Figure out what you want to learn and then follow your interests. Then the path reveals itself.

Keep a 📒 notebook. Start a list of the things you’ve already observed and of what you want to learn. From what you’ve said about dreams and accurate first impressions you already know you have precognitive and empathic abilities. If you want to know more about that then read about psychic abilities and parapsychology. You already use your empathic ability for sensing spirits, so use it to greet the genius loci, the spirit of the place wherever you might be. Use your intuitive ability for reading impressions to sense the magical usefulness of living plants. Write your thoughts in your notebook.

As you’re attracted to dragons journal about them. What do they symbolize and represent? These are all part of learning to use your intuitive ability in your Craft. When you feel attracted to something or repelled you should figure out why. Learn from it.

Author Raven Grimassi has written several books on Italian witchcraft. His site has some PDFs. https://houseofgrimassi.com/resources/

The topic “Getting Started” may be of interest. viewtopic.php?f=80&t=34769
Thank you!
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

You got good advice already. As for Tarot, there are many inexpensive decks to chose from. It is best to start with a simple one (I am a collector and have 100s) that speaks to you.

When I was your age I was getting lost in all the new possibilities online. Sounds like it is the same for you. Find out what the traditions around your home are or were, it might help to get your roots.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”