Isle Of Misanthrope

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
stormofwind

Isle Of Misanthrope

Post by stormofwind »

https://youtu.be/wUzp4FJ0tCM
A great song with meaning.. :)
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Isle Of Misanthrope

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Wow De Young nailed it again.,
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks for sharing. It wasn't bad at all. I always feel a little bad for Dennis. Seems like he deserves more respect than he gets. That video is a modern green-screen wonder, isn't it? lol

I figured "Le Mal de Mer" must have some special meaning, but when I Bing'd it, it just meant "seasickness". So now I'm wondering if Dennis was given a bad translation for some other word or idea he wanted to express - something like "the ocean is sick" or whatever. I don't know. Anyway, cool song.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That made me think a bit, at the end it shows the ship that shifts to a space ship named Esperanza. Traveling by ship does tend to make for seasickness and perhaps that's to be anticipated especially if we're to travel thru space. Also the name of the spaceship means "hope" which is what we would really need in that situation.
I guess he is referring to Earth as the isle of misanthrope? Sigh
Always have been intrigued by the many metaphysical/mystical/magical references this band has made, and wonder if they were ever into paganism of any kind.
Saw the Grand Illusion tour when they were in Flint Michigan, small venue only 5 bucks for the ticket!!! :shock: , that was 1977 though. Fantastic show.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Corner”