Moon phase vs. day of the week for spell casting?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Wiccita

Moon phase vs. day of the week for spell casting?

Post by Wiccita »

Hi beautiful Wiccan folk. Wondering which is a more important consideration when planning the timing of a spell—best moon phase vs. best day of the week.

Say for a love spell, Friday is best, but if Friday falls on a new moon, is it best to wait for a Friday in a more favorable moon phase?

Or a dark spell, best on a new moon but the new moon falls on a Friday, is it best to wait until the next new moon?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moon phase vs. day of the week for spell casting?

Post by Firebird »

I think Friday would be fine. Think of the moon that is growing from this point on, like if you wish love to grow it's good for a love spell. To remove love do it anytime from the full moon to the dark moon, probably on a Saturday.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Wiccita wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:19 pmSay for a love spell, Friday is best, but if Friday falls on a new moon, is it best to wait for a Friday in a more favorable moon phase?
Initiate Friday New Moon ... empower waxing moon, fulfil full moon
waning moon discard false love, burdens and hindrances
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Coorespondances formulate in the mind but are informed by the heart - if you think something will work and your gut agrees, listen to your Intuition - it is a powerhouse.

If you doubt something will work it probably won't because not all taboos and bans can be traced to logical choices (it's heart AND mind). There is no such thing as disbelief, only contrary belief. Just as belief is one point on the magical triangle referred to as 'willpower'; if you empower your doubt it becomes your psychic imperative to fail.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I do take moon phases and such into account but... I was always taught that what matters is your will and intent, and while correspondences help, they aren't needed. It is much like some people need to do a ritual circle or use specific phrases for something to work because that's how it is fixed in their minds and helps them. Others, me included, don't need any of that but still use it more often than not because it makes things so much easier.

Also, there are different correspondences in different cultures, anyway. One is not better than the other, they are tools only.

I know some people even make their own correspondence calendar, and it works, too.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”