Is casting a spell that does harm to none really possible?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lio

Is casting a spell that does harm to none really possible?

Post by Lio »

Before you get the idea that I'm under the impression witchcraft is evil, let me explain.

With some exceptions, I believe in the law of determinism. Everything that happens in any person's given life is a result of everything that has led up to their life circumstances being that way. Essentially, it's kind of like the butterfly effect. Everything that happens to a person in their past will create what happens to them in the future to some extent.

This has led to me wondering, considering I personally believe that everything you do in life will have a resonating effect, is it really possible to cast a spell without harming anyone? I have considered that maybe if you believe in the Wiccan God and Goddess maybe they wouldn't let anything happen that would harm someone, but I'm not personally Wiccan, so that makes me wonder if inherently, doing anything to manipulate the world at all would eventually harm someone?

When I used to be a Christian I actually had this same problem with prayer. I felt like I was encroaching on other people's lives if I changed the world at all. My local missionaries couldn't give me a proper answer, but I feel like fellow witches might be able to help me figure this out? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Is casting a spell that does harm to none really possible?

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Yes it is certainly possible. I am not sure I understand what is worrying you. What would be your definition of harm?

Witches generally do not believe in predestination so that is not a factor. And we always influence each other, that is the nature of existence.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”