Anyone else getting "spellfever?"

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Anyone else getting "spellfever?"

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Many times when doing more than a little spell,especially in longer rituals and such, I wake up next with chills and sometimes fever, and am tired but very hyper,too. But it is not consistent. I haven't heard much talk about this so I wonder.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else getting "spellfever?"

Post by Firebird »

The hyperactivity after a ritual is pretty common for me, probably a sign of not grounding well at certain points after raising energy. Sometimes though it's kind of nice to ride the tailcoats of a good working.
One thing I realized about raising a cone of power the more energy and will dispensed into the cone the heat that would flow through the body feels something like a fever, ...a chill then a fever then another chill. Back when I was first at this I wouldn't have known how to describe it. In retrospect though I could say they feel like a wee hot flash, (which now that I have been doing that for over ten years) (C'mon m'Lady enough is enough) um yea, that's what sending a cone felt like.
Rarely am I tired after a circle.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

*continuing on the tact of grounding energy (which is excellent advise), possibly instead of problems grounding energy you are relying too much of your own personal reserves of energy and are not raising enough energy in the first place?

Energy should flow through you, not from you: like a conduit that flows, not a battery that runs down. Overtaxing personal reserves will definitely make you ill.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Corbin wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:32 am Energy should flow through you, not from you: like a conduit that flows, not a battery that runs down. Overtaxing personal reserves will definitely make you ill.
Such sage advise! :flyingwitch: Its good to bring it up.
Doing a visual before circle and before the cone that illustrates how we are the conduit (between the worlds), and that we are just a channel through which the energy moves is very helpful.
Here's a method, (would like to hear if there are other versions of this!)
When leading a group, (or alone) take the folks through a brief meditation that starts with breath. In and out, releasing the cares of the day, 9 breaths is good but 3 at the minimum. Then see roots go down from your feet deep into the earth, (take your time weaving this visualization speaking descriptive words as you go) draw energy from below up thru the roots and into your feet, your legs, your torso, your arms, (raise them up) and to your head. Feel that energy burst thru and continue as branches that reach to the heavens and to the stars. Then pull that cosmic energy down thru your branches into your arms and head and let the energy coming from below and above merge with the solar plexus chakra..
(The above is a way to center and/or charge one's self.)
When sending The Cone of Power, do the same as centering visual but rather than pulling energy from above keep the energy moving in one direction. Slowly generate your cone and let it rise up in a clockwise manner from below getting sharper as it rises, (using a tone like ohm works well) this is where one starts to heat up and like a battery that's going to explode, (it gets hot) Send the energy up and out through your arms to release, the cone pierces the ether/veil and is off to do the work (this is the chill time! Wheeeee!) then place your hands on the earth to ground.
If you feel too much energy has flowed through you, one can also lay prone on the ground for a few moments. Drinking something or eating a quick crust of bread is also helpful to ground.
smiley_dance
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

I usually ground myself fine (I think lol)

Totally true about the energy.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”