Requesting a spell/potion to make me have a very good dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
melani

Requesting a spell/potion to make me have a very good dream

Post by melani »

Because Im new to wicca - I want to try out a spell/potion to make me have a very good dream ! to start out small- most of my life I always have nightmares - so something the opposite like a very nice dream would be very nice-

Please does anyone have some knowledge of this ? and what to do ?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Requesting a spell/potion to make me have a very good dr

Post by SpiritTalker »

I looked in the spell's section & found these 3 recipes for dream pillow sachet bags.

1. Sweet Dream pillow: 3-to 5 inch drawstring bag, of a purple color
1 Amethyst stone
1/4 cup of lavender flowers
1/4 cup of Mugwort
1/4 cup of pink rose petals

Simply mix the herbs above and add them into the dream pillow. Apart from using herbs, you can also add an amethyst stone, as these hold amazing protective and calming qualities that will aid in a restful sleep. This dream bag should be placed within or under your pillow. Prepare for a good night's sleep!

2. Dream pillow for sweet dreams:
10 Cardamon pods
1 tsp. Salt
15 cloves
1/2oz peppermint - 1/2 oz rosemary - dried peel of 1 lemon
2 drawstring bags
. Light a white and pink candle, place them on your work area
. Crush the cloves, cardamon and salt. Blend with the herbs and put in bags.
. As you are filling the bags concentrate on peaceful thoughts.
. Hang the bags by your bed repeat out loud: sleep be with me - peaceful sleep, restful sleep

3. A pillow filled with lavender in itself will help sleep. Some other herbs the pillow can be stuffed with:
hops, chamomile, valerian, skull cap, mugwort, passionflower

Daily 10-min meditation - gaze at a candle flame, observe it's colors & movement until that's all you see. If you wool gather just return your attention to the flame. Breathe comfortably. Repeat quietly that you have pleasant dreams - stay focused on the flame.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

And what to do:

. Set up an altar or work space, maybe in the kitchen
. Plan your spell & collect ingredients
. Cast a simple circle
. Assemble & charge your spell

Tips on setting up an altar -
. Keep your altar balanced for good results.
. Tools represent God/dess the Elements - air/wand, fire/knife, water/cup, earth/pentacle; also incense, candles & oil, water, salt & herbs represent air, fire, water, earth.
. Repurpose household dishes as tools & charge with magnetism.
. A basic altar set-up places the Goddess-candle & passive Water & Earth items to the left & the God-candle & active Air & Fire items to the right. This creates a work-space between polarities that is magically significant.

Tips on performing spells and rituals -
. Use grounding - connect to the earth; centering - pull energy into the belly as you think of the goal; projecting - push energy from the belly & out your hands & witchy gaze.
. Ground yourself before & after working.
. Speak spell intentions in present-tense words "I have" & "it is." End with "and it harm none, so be it done".

Simple Circle - Quick-Cast Method
. Start at north or east & end each pass where you started. A simple circle will dissipate by walking through it.
1. Cleanse your ritual space by sweeping the circumference widdershins (<~~) with a broom, then pull your power to the belly, load-aim-shoot by pointing your finger & project the energy-circle as you walk around deosil (~~>).
2. Circle Casting Words: "'round, around & 'round about. All good in & all bad out. As I walk the circle is cast, guarding all and holding fast." (Quoted from Doreen Valiente).

Potion
1. Chamomile tea is a safe aid to sleep. A generous pinch of cinnamon &/or valerian can aid dreams.
2. Charge your tea with your desired intent while it steeps.
3. Drink before retiring.
. Other: For external use only, unless it's commercial tea. Choose herbs/spices with properties associated with your goal; place 1-3 tsps each in a pot; cover with water & simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Cool, strain, discard spent herbs. Decant remaining liquid. Use as a wash, splash, aerosol, charge spell's. Find herbs at grocery & health food stores.
barker

Post by barker »

Clear quartz under the pillow always made me dream far better.
melani

Post by melani »

Thank U for your reply - I have difficulty Identifying the Mugwort plant -as it has so many variations - when I googled pictures I got this - https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mugwort+plant ... &ia=images
sorry I dont trust google-
But when I googled the plant on a seperte website I got this - looks completely different - http://happyherbcompany.com/mugwort

1st -of all is it true the one used for wicca is the Herbal one ??? it looks to much like Parsely -
2ndly - the 2 photos I took are the leaves from Large Bushes in my area with similar Leaves - see screenshots and Please give comment -
Attachments
1572416248421.jpg
1572384046765.jpg
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not an herbalist. Maybe you could check Mountain Rose Herbs website to see which version they provide if there's a commercial or medical preference. It's maybe sold in health food stores as tea or herbal supplement.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes there are many varieties of mugwort. My favorite is our local one, (artemisia douglasiana) it is so much more pungent than artemisia vulgaris which is the one most commonly used and looking most like the picture on the bottom.
One way to tell is if the underside of the leaf is white-ish and covered in a fine pubescence like a sort of fuzz or fur if you will. Also when the plant is dried it is difficult to crush and crumble as the fine fur tends to bind it together making a matted clump.
Hope that helps.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

FIreBird, do you know if there's much difference, like Is pungency an indication of strength? The little bag ive got is labeled artemisia vulgaris & has the grayish fuzz that clumps the chopped leaves. I looked up medical use on WebMD & it mentions the root but didn't mention different types of the plant.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Requesting a spell/potion to make me have a very good dream

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm FIreBird, do you know if there's much difference, like Is pungency an indication of strength?
I've wondered about that myself. The local mugwort is Very pungent, and there is a high altitude variety that is strong too, and to me the
A. vulgaris smells the least, yet is the more commonly known one. I have one of each growing next to each other and I prefer the native, chemically speaking I haven't a clue, Inquiring minds...LoL

Blessings, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Requesting a spell/potion to make me have a very good dream

Post by Firebird »

Hey melani did you ever find your mugwort? Once you can identify it, the fragrance will help you know it is a mugwort.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”