Help with interpreting the Nine of Pentacles outside of wealth?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Lio

Help with interpreting the Nine of Pentacles outside of wealth?

Post by Lio »

In the past did a tarot reading with Faunus, A Roman deity I work with.

I was doing the reading to ask him some questions about our relationship and how he perceives it. The only card I got that stumped me was the Nine of Pentacles when I asked him what he liked about me.

I got the card again recently in relation to asking how I should perceive an experience I recently had. One night I was going through a very rough phase of depression and prayed to Hecate to ask her to show me a sign of what the reason is I'm alive. I got what I believe is my sign the next day, and I wanted help with understanding how to perceive it. Again, I got this card, and it's left me stumped.

All I can find as to what the Nine of Pentacles represents is a wealthy person, or something otherwise dealing with money. I'm not at all a wealthy person and I've tried to intuitively interpret the card's image, but I still can't see how it relates to me. I'm pretty much trying to figure out what the card might represent about a person, such as what it would represent about why Faunus likes me, and what it would mean in terms of being a message about what my purpose is in life. Thank you in advance for any replies.
Black Cloud

Re: Help with interpreting the Nine of Pentacles outside of wealth?

Post by Black Cloud »

It indicates a sign of spiritual wealth and protection.
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

To expand on what Black Cloud said, the wealth is also a place where you can relax for a moment, it indicates one has reached a place of comfort after a long while of not being in that place. Having learned through the experience of the pentacles (if you look at each one it is a progression of lessons) you are also in a place to put up boundaries, the image stands next to a hedgerow a physical reprensitation of boundary which holds safety for you, upon one arm is a falcon, symbol of independence and the ability to roam (fly) free, while being able to maintain those boundaries. Take a breath this a bountiful time, your harvest is coming in as shown by the abundance of fruit growing nearby.
Hope that helps some.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hi there :)

An alternative meaning to the pentacles is that of consciousness, or awareness. 9 is the number of the Moon.

9 of pentacles could then mean an awareness of the subconscious or astral, being conscious of what most are not aware of.

Return to “Tarot Talk”