What Does Magic Feel Like To You?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
MoonFlowerMary

What Does Magic Feel Like To You?

Post by MoonFlowerMary »

Everyone has a different feel, response and experience to magic. I theorized that it's because of the different types of energy signatures we all have. Some describe it as a current of electricity, a slight humming or buzz, or an overpowering flush of the senses. Personally, my entire body heats up like a hot flash that last for like an hour until I start grounding again, lol. So, I'm curious, when did you first experience it and how does magic feel to all of you?
Remember the stars that filled the sky
Remember the moon that shined so high
Remember the tree that was so small
Remember me,
Remember it all
The Scarf Witch

Re: How Does Magic Feel Like To You?

Post by The Scarf Witch »

I was born into a house full of spirits and as I grew up we moved a few times and each of the houses around that time had some sort of spirit residing there, so I grew up with a constant feeling of someone standing right next to me but not being able to see them(that kind of warm magnetic energy). To this day I feel it whenever my practice involves another person or entity - I often feel it in the forest, and for workings on my own with my own energies and crystals/candles/incense/etc it's like a tickle at the back of my mind if that makes sense haha.
:flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Does Magic Feel Like To You?

Post by Firebird »

For me a good ritual will charge and fill me with energy that can last for days. While doing certain work, usually with a cone of power a chill like hair on the back of your neck raising kind of thing happens that feel pretty good and perhaps is a step down from an orgasm as far as the rush of energy that goes through the body. But other parts of the circle invoke feelings of awe and wonderment for the enormity of this place we call home (earth). I've heard quarter calls that brought tears to my eyes and invocations of Gods and Goddesses where you felt the rush of their presence come into the circle.
I've seen "things" at the perimeter of the circle and had unexplainable phenomenon happen, like clouds rise up from the sacred cup, things fly at auspicious times, people speaking in tongues, etc... Which in turn send a like a buzz the make the brain feel like, knitted together, so Ya, MoonFlower I can relate to that very much.
As far as magnetic as you mentions scarf witch, Does that ever go with a feeling of dread or heavy-ness? I haves sensed that but it usually goes along with foreboding.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Re: What Does Magic Feel Like To You?

Post by SapphireRoad »

Condensed emotional responses
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
michaelmontgomery

Post by michaelmontgomery »

Well for me magic always feels like high voltage ELECTRICITY mixed together with waves of good feelings. Like champagne bubbles fizzing and popping everywhere. You get a very positive glow around you and you're ready to make good changes. Breathing is the golden key. Very deep slow breathing like the waves of the sea rolling back and forth upon a caribbean island.
Ellis Asher

Post by Ellis Asher »

Nice imagery.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”