Axioms

Talk about anything you want to here.
Corbin

Re: Axioms

Post by Corbin »

I'm curious to know, is that axiom in intention a recommendation or a caution?

Or both?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea, it kinda feel like both depending on the statement.
Or like at the beginning of the thread the opportunity to break it down to see if it is a truth or not. Just as one says it is true, might look like and be a different truth for another person.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Firebird wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:50 am The more stationary you are the more stationary you will become
Ive always dreaded fallow periods and the loss of flow or momentum ... those dark nights of the soul ... however I have found the only way out is through. When all else fails, by actually surrendering to inertia, you can pause ... and watch ... and reflect. Regather your forces. Simple observation and consideration in solitude and silence can ignight your escape, like a phoenix, with enough energy to expel you from the doldrums.

...I feel it's quite accurate however in reference to the paralysis of procrastination however ... make decisions, do things and make mistakes; the person who never made a mistake never made anything.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I was the speaker at my UU Church recently, it was a healing service with lots of music and my good friend on harp, anyway I had mentioned in the beginning of the service...

"Before you can help others, you must first help yourself"

Because if you worn out, burnt out, or spaced out, you cannot carry on with the many causes we support.

Corbin wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:09 pm Firebird wrote: ↑Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:50 pm
The more stationary you are the more stationary you will become
Ive always dreaded fallow periods and the loss of flow or momentum ... those dark nights of the soul ... however I have found the only way out is through
I hear ya Corbin, it is best to listen to what the body needs and if one must pause, then one must pause. However do not let the pause take over your life.
I have found hubs moving way less after he quit working, and that was largely because he didn't want to drive over the hill to the job. It is a bit ridiculous to be in the car for over an hour and a half to drive 17 miles...each way. 3+ hours out of the day just for commute, crazy! So he decided to retire early, which was dumb because it slowed him down And he would have got over double what he gets now in his pension.

I like this thread...anyone else have an axiom to share?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
supremz

Post by supremz »

Two parts when added together are equal to the sum of their whole.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”