Rosemary Bundle

Sgàil a' ròs

Rosemary Bundle

Post by Sgàil a' ròs »

During harvest, or if I feel it needs refreshing, I will take Rosemary and form it into a bundle...almost like the brush of a broom. I use natural twine, or braid dried leaves from spider plant if available to bind together.

This I will hang over or facing my front door (inside the porch). Before hanging I like to sit with it under the moon light and I will ask for the powers of love and light to bless this bundle to guard the home from negative energies.

I operate a B&B/shared house for performers and artist exchange programs, so if anything bad happens or I get a right grumpy so&so stay, that's when I will remake bundle.

I also add flowers in it if available. Thank you,

Leo
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rosemary Bundle

Post by Firebird »

Very nice, I do protective bundles of rosemary and hang over each doorway.
I also love the smell in an incense bundle, rosemary, sage and lavender together work real well for clearing and protecting spaces.
Bb, F
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Sgàil a' ròs

Post by Sgàil a' ròs »

Hi Firebird!

Thank you for your reply. Love your bundle idea also. The combination sounds very effect. I'm planning the pathway from my gate to the stairs up to the entranceway to be lined with Lavender & fairy lights 😍

Sage is not very prominent in UK, especially where I live...I believe its native to Mediterranean region? Our alternative is Rowan, or Juniper, and we call the act of burning these herbs for cleansing & blessing "Saining", the practical application is very similar to Native American "smudging".

Thank you,
Leo
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh yea, juniper or maybe even cedar might work better for this kind of bundle. Love the lavender path idea perhaps a picture when you have it installed? The Faye do like to be honored, great idea :)
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Sgàil a' ròs

Post by Sgàil a' ròs »

Good evening Firebird,

Rowan is traditional here 😏 Cedar is not readily available, and I tend to use what's to hand or craft something myself..that's better imo.

I've tried to attach pictures a couple of times, but it says the images are too big and I literally do not like technology enough to learn...but an Insta is on my mind so I might begin one when I buy my new phone at the end of January. I'll happily share the ID and post pictures there if that's an option?

Thank you,
Leo
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Now sure how rowan would burn or smell of if the fumes are safe as that tree does not grow here. Some kind of pine would be a good substitute.

I too have recently experienced "too large" to upload. I never had a problem with it on my old tablet but my new one is giving grief. Sometimes I try to crop the pic to do it, but that doesn't always work either.

bb, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Sgàil a' ròs

Post by Sgàil a' ròs »

Trees are just generally more lingering a scent when burnt, so it would literally be a couple of shavings nothing major. Windows open etc.

I had not thought to crop 🙈 I'm finding now I'm more inclined to put something down and move on. I'll sit with this over holidays this Xmas and get some pics up.

Leo x

Return to “Protection Spells”