Upper Michigan

If you love to travel, we'd love to hear about the places you've been. Mountains, oceans, rivers, deserts, Stonehedge, Red Rocks, Grand Canyon... recommend your favorite travel destination and post your pictures!
rjmamula14

Upper Michigan

Post by rjmamula14 »

I am writing this from my cabin in the north woods of the Upper Peninsula, which was built by my late grandfather 50 years ago. My happy place. I am on my brand new laptop and for the trip I have been staying away from my iPhone, checking texts only about twice a day. A nice relaxing vacation to recuperate and collect my thoughts before I get back to the pressure going on in my life.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upper Michigan

Post by Firebird »

What a wonderful way to spend the Summer Solstice! How fortunate you have a family retreat such as this.
I have been searching all over for a chunk of land, it is soooooo unaffordable in California unless you want to be in the middle of the desert. I prefer trees.
My one visit to Michigan in 1977, all I saw was trees unless it was a farm then it was corn or soy beans, but the trees were so thick you couldn't even walk through them. This was in the Birch Run/ Frankenmuth area. Never did see a mountain or hill either, lol.
How long will you be staying? Have fun!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
rjmamula14

Post by rjmamula14 »

Well I just got back yesterday. Back to the real world.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

What did you do while you were there?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
rjmamula14

Post by rjmamula14 »

Well we had a grave side service for my grandmother who passed last fall. I also participated in the fishing derby as I do every year. This year my boat tipped over and the fish went with it, lol. Other than that I just relaxed and recouperated before having to return to work and my campaign (I’m running for city council).
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Awesome! ...the trip sounds like you may have run into other relative as well! It's good to be together and honor the ancestors. Sorry for your loss.
I presume you are catching trout? too bad you lost the boat full, probably would have been a great fish fry!
and best wishes on a triumphant election!
bb, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Travel”