Mabon feast.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
WolfWitch

Mabon feast.

Post by WolfWitch »

I can't remember if I posted this question before or not here (On a couple of forums anymore.) BUt as I don't see it anywhere, I'll assume I have not.

I am planning a Mabon dinner as celibration. Can anyone recomend a few ideas for dishes to prepair or serve?

Kinda lost on the hosting side of society.

BB.
WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Mabon feast.

Post by LaFiamma »

WolfWitch wrote:I can't remember if I posted this question before or not here (On a couple of forums anymore.) BUt as I don't see it anywhere, I'll assume I have not.

I am planning a Mabon dinner as celibration. Can anyone recomend a few ideas for dishes to prepair or serve?

Kinda lost on the hosting side of society.

BB.
WW.
Personally, I'm planning to make an Irish cream cake for Mabon...but then I don't really match my food to the holiday, I just make what's good (i tend to get a lot of requests for specific dishes and end up making those....right now I'm being hounded for my spicy mocha brownies, but I've decided to shake it up a bit....lol)
Alison

Post by Alison »

I came across this site for Mabon recipies

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethys ... ceipe.html

personally I'd go for anything harvesty... squashes, apples, berries, nuts, etc.. :)
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Ah Yes! I was thinking of haveing a little get together with my family, sence it will be right after i move in i can get away with it and no one whould wonder why i invited them over.

But my fionce dosnt like sharing his food, specialy when it comes to meat, lol. But i am still going to make a feast all the same!

Main dish: Post Rost
Side: Sweet Patatow Cassarolle
Desert: Salem Witch Pudding Recipe by Gerina Dunwich ( pumkin cassarolle looking thing)
Bread: sweet corn bread

This is what i want to do atlest, donno if we can afford it, if we cant then i will just gut down, or make meatless soup.

But if your a vegitarian, there are many soups that dont have meat in them, or you can just take the rost out of that and make it reguler soup.

I can get you all all thes recipies if anyone is intrested in them :)
Merry Part
~Addalaide
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

i am interested :lol:
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Sorry this is kinda long. I have alot of recipies for evey Sabbet if you whould like them tell me, i am going to post them on a website here soon.
Mabon '06

*~*Salem Witch Pudding*~*
Recipe by Gerina Dunwich

4 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup half-and-half
5 tablespoons rum
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

In an electric mixer or large mixing bowl, beat the egg
whites until stiff. In a different bowl, beat the egg yolks
until thick and lemon-colored. Combine the yolks with the
remaining eight ingredients; mix together well; and then fold
in the egg whites.

Pour the pumpkin mixture into a buttered 1-quart souffle dish.
Place it in a pan of hot water and bake in a 350-degree
preheated oven for about 45 minutes. (This recipe yields 6
servings.)

All Things Harvested Pot Roast

4-5lb pot roast
1 stick butter
1 large onion sliced
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
¼ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. dried parsley
1 bay leaf
1/8 tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. salt
2-10oz cans French onion soup
4 large potatoes, quartered
1-8oz package raw baby carrots
1-16oz pkg. frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix

In dutch oven or oven safe pot w/lid brown both side of the roast, using half the butter. Set the roast aside. With remaining butter, saute' the onion, garlic, and celery until onions are tender and beginning to brown. Add the the thyme, parsley, bay leaf, and pepper. Mix well and then return the pot roast to the pan. Sprinkle salt over the roast and add the french onion soup. Cook at 325 degrees for 4 hours. Baste meat as needed. Add potatoes and carrots and salt to taste. Cook for another 45 minutes. Add broccoli/cauliflower mix and cook for 20 more minutes. Serve with hot bread.

Makes 8 serving

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and steamed until completely soft
3/4 cup orange juice
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

mix juice, eggs, sugar and spices and blend thoroughly with potatoes using an electric mixer. Spread into a greased 9"X13" pan.

1/2 cup flour
1/4 c plus 2 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped butter
1/2 c. chopped pecans

mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts until crumbly, spread on top of sweet potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Sweet Corn Bread

3/4 c. cornmeal
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
4 tbsp. dry milk
3/4 c. warm water
1/4 c. melted butter

Combine dry ingredients. Combine liquid ingredients. Mix together. Bake in greased 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Can also make muffins. Bake until light brown. Dry milk + war water = 7/8 cup milk.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Comus

Post by Comus »

hmm.. I tend to eat an apple and some dried nuts. No real feast, just a symbolic thing.
Idz qaala
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Well i love to cook, and it will be in our new apartment witch has a kitchen almost as long as the apartment, so it might end up being the first think i make, so i am prety exited, i hope i dont end up buring something because the oven wont work....epp, now i am worried.

But cooking is my passion so its kinda my way of celibraiting, i get so exited planing for meals :)
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”