What do you think...

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Gardak

What do you think...

Post by Gardak »

...of my meditation technique?

I know I've posted this sooooooo many times. But I never seem to get a response to my actual post. So I thought I'd just make a thread and go that route.

Here is my technique that I already posted for someone else.

I am a martial artist and the mind is a large part of it. It is perhaps more important then what people think. A clear mind can do much. I have learned that after years of learning my martial arts I have found a way to tap into the art of meditation in a way, perhaps, that others havent. I wouldn't really know as I have kept this to myself until now.

What I do is light a stick of incense(always chamomile, for me). I have found that chamomile often will help you relax and I believe there are a few scientific studies that have concluded that it releases a relaxing agent when burned or chewed. I will often light a candle(I dont think color matters) and set it front of me. I then shut off everything that gives off sound. I sit down in front of my candle and incense, close my eyes, and then begin to focus my energy into myself. In other words, I feel around my body and center myself. Once I have did this to satisfactory point, I will open my eyes and look into the flame. This is when I start to meditate and find my inner peace. I have then cleared my mind and feel the bliss of tranquility.

So anyways, what do you guys think?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

ive seen this around a lot in the last few days.

i still like it lol.
Comus

Post by Comus »

nothing wrong with it! I'm quite fond of meditating with candles...
may I ask what kind of martial arts you do?
Idz qaala
Gardak

Post by Gardak »

I do a taekwondo(A Jung Version) class thats the only thing available around here now but I used to study Yang Style Tai Chi for about 5 years. Tai chi taught me more then anything else

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”