Graduated High School

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Sobek
Banned Member

Graduated High School

Post by Sobek »

today, friday, September 29. i graduated highschool. but now that its done i feel really empty. i know i shouldnt feel this way but thats life. speaking of life i quite look forward to seeing what happens. all things say it will be good so i will work towards that. and pray to Gaia that that my work wont be in vain.
Alison

Post by Alison »

first Congratulations on Graduating!! thats an accomplishment, and don't let yourself believe it isn't.

about feeling empty, I'd say thats fairly normal, its a huge chapter in your life ending, but another big chapter is just beginning! It definetly won't be in vain, wether you chose school, or work or wahtever, you always continue to grow :)

and don't forget to celebrate!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

im not much for celebrating.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Well cherish it while you can becuase soon you will go to colledge and get a job making a lot of money wiht a terribly mean boos(i am a little phycik, sp?, i think the colledge name starts wiht a D and i rihgt?

Alex
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

Congrats man! I was happy as hell when I graduated high school. I was like YES, I get to move on with my life. LOL. I think you will eventually get over the emptiness. Some people are sad when they graduate becuase they will part ways with friends, and never have that experience again.

What are you planning to do now?

If you are going to college...I highly recommend it. College is an awesome experience if not just for your education, but really more for the social scene in general. College is way more fun....I will defintely miss my college when I move up north for grad school. I will especially miss my boys!!! :( My roomies are the ones Im going to miss the most. damn. :\ Now Im depressed. lol.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i intend on taking a year off and then going to university to study Architecture. and no the college name doesnt start with a D(if you were talking to me lol)
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

yes i was. i am practicing my phcykiness(sp.?).

Alex
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

very cool. just a question whats this (sp?) im seeing so much?
[SanityIsLost]

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

Sp= Spelling. If somebody types a word and they don't know if it is spelled right, especially if somebody might not know what they are saying, then they say (sp?) or (is that spelled correctly?).

Anyways, congratulations on graduating. I am graduating in May/June and I am really nervous about what happens after. I'm going straight to college but as of now I don't even know where I can go. I want to go to Boston University (this is in the USA if anybody does not know) but I am not the one who decides that, they are. It's kind of insane how we have to let somebody else tell us our future sometimes. Anyways, what do you plan to do in that year off?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

basically i wanna live a little bit. typical type stuff. get a seemingly crappy job. make some money and save up some money for university. i want to experience that before i go on to uni and work for what i want out of life. i want to experience the good and the bad.

if that makes any sense.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

it make perfect snese and it is a smart idea at that.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

good stuff, good luck on that!
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

thankyou very much people.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Sobek wrote:basically i wanna live a little bit. typical type stuff. get a seemingly crappy job. make some money and save up some money for university. i want to experience that before i go on to uni and work for what i want out of life. i want to experience the good and the bad.

if that makes any sense.
I will highly recommend this. (I'm 33 and when I graduated, I went through a lot of jobs before i entered collage.) A little real world practicle experiance works wonders for broadening a young mind. It gives you a taste of providing and earning for yourself and teaches you things like "creative budgeting" A year should do nicely.

Good luck and congradulations.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”