drugs

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
saianalyd

drugs

Post by saianalyd »

on friday my friend's boyfriend and some other people took morphine. i have friends
who havg out with him and his friends and im kinda freaked out. There are a lot of drugs in my school and this happens all the time, but i knew these people and im worried my friends will get involved because they hang out with that crowd. one of them is already a heavy drinker. im kinda worried.
-lydia
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

tell them how you feel. and if they choose to become disgusting junkies thats thier own un-doing.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Dito

Alex
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

At the end of the day you can't be responsible for your friends actions. I know sometimes it's easy to feel that we should be but we're not. Your friends will or won't take drugs regardless of what you do or say about it so if I were you I'd just leave them to get on with it and concentrate on yourself.
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

I have a roomate that when he first moved in claimed "I only smoke pot every now and then."

He apparently smokes it everyday...sometimes 2-3 times in a night. We make him smoke outside on the porch becuase that stuff will get all over the rugs and it smells. Hmmm maybe he forgets when he smokes?? I know weed isn't nearly as bad as morphine, but still, it is interesting how he doesn't realize how much he does smoke it.

Im not going to add anymore to the thread becuase everyone else basically said it, you really can't control what your friends do in this instance as hard as that lesson is. They will create their own fate. It goes the same with relationships. You can't make some one not leave you if they so desire. Its always a really tough lesson to learn. Especially watching them do what they are doing to themselves and being the witness.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

many people i know take drugs
but nothing heavier than cannabis

they know how i feel about it, but they also know that i think its their choice. alot of them have stopped now because they are thinking about their future.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

IceDragonX wrote:I have a roomate that when he first moved in claimed "I only smoke pot every now and then."

He apparently smokes it everyday...sometimes 2-3 times in a night. We make him smoke outside on the porch becuase that stuff will get all over the rugs and it smells. Hmmm maybe he forgets when he smokes?? I know weed isn't nearly as bad as morphine, but still, it is interesting how he doesn't realize how much he does smoke it.

Im not going to add anymore to the thread becuase everyone else basically said it, you really can't control what your friends do in this instance as hard as that lesson is. They will create their own fate. It goes the same with relationships. You can't make some one not leave you if they so desire. Its always a really tough lesson to learn. Especially watching them do what they are doing to themselves and being the witness.
Well, to be honest, the "hazards" of weed are greatly exaggerated as anyone who smokes or has smoked regularly can attest to. Cigarettes are more harmful than weed.

But thats not the subject at hand. but all I can say on that is that I agree with sobek and hedge.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Jake200493

Tell them your concerns.

Post by Jake200493 »

I do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING to protect my friends. Even when they don't realise it. Sometimes, I tell them what they don't want to hear- and yes they ignore me for a few days, but then they come up to me with a big grin on their faces, apologise and say thank you. Those two words mean more than anything in the world to me.
emmi116

Post by emmi116 »

ok take it from me a recent high school graduate...you're in high school, there are drugs all around whether you think you see it or not. doesn't matter if you're in the inner cities or a ritzy area drugs are everywhere. all you can do right now is just tell them how you feel. i partied a lot in high school. i drank and i experimented with some hard core drugs and now i regret. yeah im in a good college and im doing well so far but i wish that i could put a little more effort into my work than the effort i put into trying to get alcohol for the party that weekend (idk where you live but im in the usa and its 21 to drink alcohol) i wish i could have applied myself a little more. just tell them that you're concerned about them and their future in their high school careers.

one weekend can literally f*ck up the rest of your life. i've seen it happen to people and i thank god that i stopped when i stopped and got my act together.

good luck
love always,
emmi

Return to “Teen Concerns”