spiritual healing

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
fire_without_smoke

spiritual healing

Post by fire_without_smoke »

does anybody have any techniques for spiritual healing involving just the mind and possibly hands?because I don't really want to burn some herbs then waft the smoke at somone to clear them of positive energy, even if some ppl do because I just think i wouldn't enjoy lots of smoke in my face.There are methods of hands on healing you know visualising a healing light coming from your hands etc. but does anyone have a really good and effective way of doing it?
Nature Dude

Post by Nature Dude »

Yes, it can be done, essentially, that is something I have worked with in the past. There are a few named types of healing like that, too. Touch healing, massage therapy, reiki, shiatsu, doin (mod. of shiatsu on yourself instead, I think). There's a lot out there!

One good source of this is: The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia of Alternative Healing Therapies

Check it out from a local library, or go to Amazon ('k assuming doesn't have this one on her site...)

Blessed Be!!

Rick
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Nope, I don't have it (the book). But sure, you can heal with your hands and energy only. That's how the majority of healers work. That's what I use when I want to do healing work. It's actually pretty simple. You can just imagine the white light of God (or the universe, or the Goddess, or whatever you believe in) is coming through your hands and into the person being healed. I lay my hands on them and basically meditate and pray for the healing to occur. I try to send my own energy, as well as the white light energy through my hands into the person receiving. I have had good luck with this process. Sometimes, I just use mind power and send the healing energy that way. It works too, but it seems the closer I am to the person physically (and emotionally), the better it works. I've stopped nosebleeds that had been ongoing for several mornings in a row (did not occur again after the healing), and also my husband once had hiccups for about 4 or 5 days (LONG TIME, strong ones that would not stop) and finally I did a hands on healing for him and they stopped and never returned. We could never figure out what caused such a strange thing (the hiccups) but I was glad it was gone because he was having stomachache's from it.

Has anyone ever known anyone to have the hiccups for a long time? We looked it up online when that happened and here is the story (I found it again just now at http://www.tipsofallsorts.com/hiccup.html )

"The longest hiccup ever known was experienced by an American pig farmer whose hiccups persisted from 1922 to 1987. "

Can you believe that? My ex-mother-in-law also had the hiccups for years. Even after she had a brain aneurysm and she was a totally changed person, the hiccups stayed. Odd.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I just read on that page that brain tumors affecting the brain's breathing centers can cause intractable (long lasting) hiccups. I guess that's what happened to my mother-in-law. I don't know what happened to my husband, but we figured it was due to anxiety.

Sorry, let's get back to talking about healing now. lol

Fanny

Post by Fanny »

I got "spiritual healing " done to me for a year every week , it really works , my aunt does it it's call " guerisson spirituel " in french
it awesome how you feel the energy going true you without them touching you it's amazing I would suggest every one to try it at lease once in there life :lol: [/img]
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Sounds nice Fanny. I've had Reiki done for me before and I would guess it is similar to that.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”