Split personality

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
naudica

Split personality

Post by naudica »

Im getting very concerned lately. It seems that when one of my emotions dominates the rest (takes over) I black out. Later someone tells me what happened and I dont remember it. But it seems I was active and acting in times I cant remember. I wonder If I have split personalities or just memory loss.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

any specific emotion or just when one emotion happens to have a stronger pull on you than the rest?
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

that may be a reason to go to a doctor, i mean blackouts? did you fall recently, suffer from head trauma?
naudica

Post by naudica »

It happens when one emotion overwhelms me. I saw the doctor, he said that its happens once in a while to a person. I have to carry a special liquid in case though.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Go to someone who helps to clean energy blockages. Reiki or guided meditation. Sometimes an energy zone or chakra is blocked or over active and it makes those feelings more prevalent and you can't react to them the same because your energy isn't making it to the other chakras.

Black outs are serious though. See them and a doctor and compare what you find out. Make sure that you tell the energy person what the doctor said, it may help him/her find the source.
LostMuse

Post by LostMuse »

you have to carry a special liquid? i have not heard of that, unless it's some kind of medication. did you go see a neuropsychiatrist? i would think you would at least need a brain scan to rule out epilepsy and other illnesses.

split personality - or dissociative identity disorder as it is now called - is extremely rare. there is some controversy whether or not it is a real disorder. wikipedia has a good article about it, if you want more information.

what you describe sounds like something i hear now and again...for example (and i am not saying this is the case with you because you didn't specify what emotions are involved), people can go into what they describe as a "blind rage", and they say they do not recall what they did in that state. there is also something called a "fugue state", but this is more like not remembering who you are (similar to amnesia but brief and not permanent). again, there is controversy over whether or not these disorders are real, or cases of people wanting to disavow themselves of repsonsibility for their actions.

like the others said, i would have the physical things checked out first. particularly epilepsy or head trauma.

brightest blessings.

muse
naudica

Post by naudica »

The special liquid is medication that has to be injected if I fall or feel it coming. I went for a CAT scan and it found out when one of my emotions overpowers the rest the blood clots around a section of my brain to turn it off so I dont overload.
LostMuse

Post by LostMuse »

i have never heard of this - blot clots in the brain are very serious and i would advise you consult a neurologist of some sort to get a second opinion. if you mean you had a PET scan to see what part of your brain is activated when you feel certain emotions, this is another thing altogether...and shouldn't require medication.

i would be interested in knowing what the liquid is you were given.

good luck to you,
muse
naudica

Post by naudica »

Ive seen a neurologist. Its not serious, and I dont know what the medicines is. Sorry.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

split personality - or dissociative identity disorder as it is now called - is extremely rare. there is some controversy whether or not it is a real disorder.
In my experience, it's definately real. When I was younger, a friend of mine's mom had it. She actually had 3 personalities, believe it or not. Sherri was her 'real' one, but the other two were very extreme. One was very timid, the other was plain old violent. The three answered to different names, and one of them (I don't remember which) was even left handed, when she wasn't. (or she was left and the personality was right, again it's been about 12 years).

She killed herself about a year after I met her, in part because things were getting worse and the docs in that town didn't believe that she had a problem.
naudica

Post by naudica »

Same for me. When Im out I respond to Ami. My friends only figured it out when they were looking for a girl named ami at the time. Also "Ami" appears to be very violent and ill-mannared.sp?

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”