binding feathers

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Sobek
Banned Member

binding feathers

Post by Sobek »

i have wanted to make a dream catcher for a while but only recently found metal hoops so for the fun of it i decided to make a pretty damn big one. but my problem is the little feathers look out of proportion, does anyone know how to take a bunch of little feathers and bind them so they look like one big feather?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I haven't done it before, but I think I'd try working them into a braid with leather laces. get them under the crossovers with a dab of glue.

Hopefully Smolly has something to say. She's very crafty. I just make things up as I go.
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

i think sercees way is pretty good.
you could always just overlap the feathers using a little glue to attatch them together.
i dont have many idea for that.
if it was me i would just do lots of little dangly feathers at different lengths but it depends on preferance.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

I would personally take a peice of thread and braid it into the leather and then lash the thread to the feather and it will hold it naturally, then the glue is not nessary.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i'll give them all a shot and see which works best, i dont really want to over-use glue because me and glue dont work very well together.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”