the four elements

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
flinch

Post by flinch »

I know not to do it when I'm angry or agrivated.... I like to try and meditate but that isn't always possible to do where I live unless it's like two in the morning.

Flinch
[Kate]

Post by [Kate] »

Thats how I am. Not because I have to hide it, which I think is your case but correct me if Im wrong, but simply because I enjoy the night. It is during the night I feel most at peace and my mind is the clearest. Casting a circle is not an exact science so don't worry about it too much. If you don't feel comfortable then wait for a time you do, just be yourself and relax. Good Luck! :lol:
Kate
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

For her it isn't hiding it's noise. There's always people running around and in the way where she lives.
flinch

Post by flinch »

LOL yea, I'm not hiding because even though my foster parents don't approve of my religion they can not stop me from practicing it. There is 8 kids (not including me) that live in my house and 2 adults.

Flinch
[Kate]

Post by [Kate] »

Ah I see.. :oops: well I can see why it would be difficult to obtain silence unless in the dead of the night
Kate
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

silence is very hard for me to obtain because i cant handle silence. as soon as there is no other noise my ears ring like crazy thats why i always have my fan on, even in winter because i need the noise.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Silence is beautiful. In silence you can hear the sound of infinity. I have a busy household too. I go and escape to the parks and wild places, I stand on river bridges, I watch, listen and rest my soul. Then I go home and make lentil soup. You have to find escapes, wherever you can, sometimes just for a few moments. I sympathise with you, but there are ways around it.
flinch

Post by flinch »

I try I really do... Sometimes if my dogs not barking or anything I can get silence when I go out back to smoke.... but my foster mom flips out if I'm out there for more than 10 minutes....
Lucine

Post by Lucine »

Flinch, I feel for you more than I can explain. Sound rough with all the people around and your foster mom trying to keep such tight control.

I had to get that out of the way. I am so glad you asked this question cause I would never have even thought to ask, but would have probably run into the situation sooner or later. And then of course there are the great answers that now I will have to look up Buddism. I like that all is present, I have so much to learn.
Reason is out to lunch. How may I help you?

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”