Something good of Satanism

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Sercee

Something good of Satanism

Post by Sercee »

I'm sure you know this by now, but I'm not Satanist. I am, however, open to learning whatever is out there (I get a little obsessive sometimes, actually!). On another thread someone had posted a bunch of links to websites about Satanism, which I followed and started reading. Due to my previous experiences with ouija, Crowley, and other 'darker' occult stuff, I clicked on the link that spoke about Numerology and 666.

Anyway, I've spent most of this afternoon researching Gematrian Numerology and it's pretty neat stuff. My name, broken down is the number 10 or 1, which means 'unity, creation and independence'. Actually, my first and last names by themselves also add up to this, and the second last 'addition' of my last name is 19 which is 'faith'.

There's also a bunch of neat stuff regarding the bible that is *very* intriguing.

Lesson learned: even the stuff that tastes bad can yield good results!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I'm not averse to a bit of gematria myself. My resonant number is 7, it's my birth no. and my name no. and my life no. too, my N.I. number is all 7s and I live at an address of 7s also [ flat no. and building no. ] I value the gematria in many ways. I remember the symbolism of the Tarot several ways, and I always take into account the card numbers and ponder their meanings in relation to the readings, sometimes the reading is heavily biased to one number and I see this as important. I use a lot of Crowley's correspondances [ liber 777 etc.] as I believe his scholarship and depth of knowledge on the subject to be unsurpassed. Which thread? I would like a look too. I have several 'Satanic' links on my P.C.and have read and learned a lot of the darker side in my travels.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It's in the 'Everyone' section, on the third page of topics called 'Do you think this is the work of a Pagan Cult?' started by OIO
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

I know I'm a pain in the ass Sercee, but which link is it in that thread, there are quite a few and I don't know which one it is, sorry chuck :?
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Penelope

Post by Penelope »

I wasn't aware that Satanists used gematria, as it is Jewish in origin, and very much rooted in a monotheistic paradigm. What is Satanists' rationale for using it?
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

You'll be surprised. Satanist use some of the practices from other religions.
All about gaining power.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”