Indigo Children

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
[Enlightenment]

Indigo Children

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Ever heard of them?

I saw a programme on tv not long ago re them, here is a link - http://www.indigochild.com/

What are your thoughts?

Remember a lot of these children suffer from ADHD but their parents are not having a bar of it and are saying it's really because their an Indigo child?

These children are actually meant to be Angles sent to change the World :roll:

I'm not sure what to think on this one, looks a little "New Agey" to me......

Blessings!
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[Enlightenment]

Just another link I've stumbled across, as well as Indigo kids, you also get Crystal children and Rainbow ones too :lol:

Here, take a peek, a mothers view on the subject, she has two Crystals and one Rainbow :lol:

http://www.angelsuniverse.com/whoarethepsychic.htm
~Blessings One and All~

Eretik

Post by Eretik »

ARGGGGGGHHHHHH! new age tripppy pseudoscience - reminds me of scientology - ARRRRGGGGHHH - don't go there - it's idiocy disguised in stupidity, mirroring enigmatic whimsy. Gods preserve us from such shite ever being taken seriously by sane people. End of rant. Seriously, I have personal experience of severe autism - my opinion is' flay these loonies alive' -this is dangerous nonsense. PSEUDOSCIENCE!!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

fair enough, but as far as pseudosciences go i love phrenology
[Enlightenment]

I know what you're saying Eretik, my niece has got ADHD and also mild Autism. She's 6yr's old and can't speak, she still babbles like a baby, it's very sad. Her mum is trying to teach her sign language at the moment which is helping quite a bit. She's the most beautiful little girl in the world, bless her! She has a lot of traits that these people are saying should be an Indigo child or whichever one it is, but we know differently, she's not one of these children and it's quite annoying and sad to know a lot of these kids will go undiagnosed because their parents think they are just "super psychic". I'm all for psychic children and of course they are out there, but this is taking thing's to a whole new level, especially when it comes down to ignoring your own child's ADHD, Autism, etc.

I read quite deeply into these "Indigo, Crystal, Rainbow Kids" last night and it makes for a fustrating read......You feel like shouting 'Just open your bloody eyes for a moment, please'!
~Blessings One and All~

Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Thanks for understanding my rant, Enlightenment. Sorry, I didn't put it at at all well, too emotional. I love my friend's autistic son, he's delightful, but profoundly deaf, his condition is frustrating, but he has a sharp sense of humour, he constantly amazes me, It's dangerous to project this 'indigo children' concept onto them, gives the parents false hope and expectations and no doubt, stresses the child - which can hold back their development, as we know- they have to do things their own way, at their own pace - if they are 'forced' they retreat back inside themselves and can regress, losing skillls they have gained. I am very concerned about this concept.
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

There is a lot of information out there about this. I read more into the indigo children, not the other types. In fact, although I haven't purchased it, Angel Lady: Doreen Virtue wrote a few books on this subject in more detail. I dunno. I used to love DV, but I think 2 of her books, turned me off and made me look in another direction. The same with Sylvia Brown. She just makes my skin crawl. I look at the 5billion books she wrote and seriously want to chuck them. Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes here, but there's something about these two authors that make me feel funny. Btw. I know about children with add and adhd, but I seriously don't agree with drugging them. I think ritalin is evil, and that there must be another way of aiding the hyperactivity other than giving them the equivalent of super prozac. Anyway... rant over, lol

DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Darkwoman, I 'm right there with you on that. I believe in a holistic approach, diet, health, teaching, working with not against the child. Ritalin, the chemical cosh. It suits society, not the child, to do this. I couldn't do that to a kid. There has to be better and more ethically sound approaches.
[Enlightenment]

My brothers little girl who has ADHD is not on Ritalin, he won't have it, no medication at all. I don't blame him but I do really feel for his misses who has to look after her all day and night, it's one hell of a task, I would of had a break down by now. She would have her on Ritalin I think but my brother won't allow it. They've tried everything with her diet etc, but nothing seems to work.

My mum works at a school for 11-18 yr olds and she says nearly half the kids there are on Ritalin. At lunch time they come up to her asking where "Mr Robert's is because they need to collect their Ritalin". She says the stuff works really well to control their ADHD as without it the school falls apart lol, but both she and I don't agree it's right to drug a child like that.

It's very hard for the parents!
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

from what ive seen of such medications it takes away who the child is...all that remains is but shadow and a memory of thier former self.

my little brother is ADD or ADHD im not entirely sure which but my mother did put him on the medication, would've made life easier but not the point lol.

so with these indigo children, do they get exploited for thier alleged gifts and such?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Sometimes I think ADD and ADHD do need to be treated... the problem (as is the case with my fiance's cousin) is when the teacher says 'you're kid's hyper in class' and the mom says 'ok let's give him drugs to make him calm down' but the kid's only being a kid. Now the poor guy is 18 and can barely function because of the ritalin.

Anyway...

Sobek, a lot of times these Indigo children get exploited. Same as what happens whenever someone has an unexpected talent and they aren't in a position to care for themselves. A lot of it is hooey though; parents thinking their kid is the coming Messiah or something when really they just need help.
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Well if anyone can reply to this I can, because I have a son with autism and yes I have read about Crystal Children and some of these books etc. Do I believe in in it- who knows. I'm not the head of the universerse so I can't say whether or not these kids are special in "that" way or not.

I do know that my son is actually extremely intelligent although he can speak very little, has violent tantrums and has what you could consider ADHD to the 100th power.

But, I do believe that some of them are very telepathic. I mean if you could barely communicate you would have to do something. The best way that I can compare them is to animals. I mean animals can't speak to you, yet you speak to them and sometimes they know what you're saying don't they? It's the same with my son. He is also VERY much affected by the energy that I send out to him. They are very, very highly sensitive to anything and everything in this world.

I will stop now, because I could go on and on all day about this subject.

Gen
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
[Enlightenment]

That sounds just like my brothers child GenevieveDawn :roll: She can't talk but is very clever in other ways.

Blessings!
~Blessings One and All~

Lucine

Post by Lucine »

I was scared to open this post. I thought my opinion would be a tiny minority, which is fine, but who wants there thoughts hanging out there all by themselves? Anyways, I can't state this as elequently as previous posters, but I think that the ADD and ADHD assessment is right on target some may even be autistic to a degree. It is new agey which grates on my nerves, because people think that paganism or people on the path as I prefer are new agers. To tell the truth I avoided this in part because of that and sure I do enjoy some of the music and I am glad to have easier access to things that overlap intrest wise between new agers and path followers. However, serious books and discussions don't seem to be part the movement and it is harder to dig for information.
Reason is out to lunch. How may I help you?
Nikita

Post by Nikita »

I know quite a few Indigo children as I'm an Indigo myself. I made it part of my website. And most of the Indigos I know have gone on to have Crystal children :)

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”