Reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
~Ethan~

Post by ~Ethan~ »

Im not sure what I believe about the "after life". I guess Ill just have to wait and see...
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

On the topic of reincarnation I have a "problem" maybe some of you can help me with.
I'm northern European of origin, a decendants of vikings and their Irish slaves but I have over the years had an experience, several times in fact, which freaks me out just a little bit:

I start feeling like I'm somewhere else, it's hot (never really that warm here, so can hardly be a memory) and I'm running. I'm scared and with this feeling comes the knowledge that if I stop running I will die, I just know it.
In time, as I get this again and again, this has become more distinctive and I start noticing more and more things, like barking and shouting, big trees and lots of them, like I'm in a forrest or something (another reason for why I don't think this is a memory, we don't really have that kind of forrests here, you get lost in a forrest here you simply stand up and you can find your way, also I am old enough in this daydream or whatever so that I should remember if this was a memory). When this is over I usually get filled with anger and hatred, I don't know at what but I am also drained of all energy and usually have to retire to my bed for a couple of hours.

If this is not a past life then what the hell is happening to me. Tell me I'm crazy if you like, many people do and not just because of this, but this is something that's really driving me nuts.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I saw this post before, but couldn't remember where...duh,me. I 'd recommend a bit of research,Shadowflame. The Irish connection/Norse in Dublin etc. See if anything speaks to you. I also dislike [ nay - despise! ]organised religions - I saw that elsewhere,from you.lol. It dosen't mean you have to become Asatru or anything. lol again. Ivarr the Boneless was king of Dublin for 12 years[ one of the Ragnarsons] I 've got some info. on him and his family. I 'll put up a link.I use the term'Viking' as a verb,It's what the Norse did, when they went raiding. It constantly gets misused, by those who should know better too! It happens below,also. Just my wee pet grouch -!!! I live in 'Alt Clut' Ivarr beseiged Dumbarton rock in 871, just down the road from me]

The Conquering Vikings

"In the early ninth century, Vikings from Norway - and, as we shall see, some from Denmark - settled in Scotland, in an area comprising the Northern and Western Isles and parts of the mainland. By the middle of the century, this was ruled by an effective, and new, royal dynasty. In the second half of the century, this dynasty made Dublin its headquarters, engaged in warfare with Irish kings, controlled most Viking activity in Ireland and imposed its overlordship and its tribute on Pictland and Alt Clut in Scotland.
When the invaders initially seized it in AD 841, Dublin was a monastic centre. Contemporary Irish annals say that the Vikings set up a longphort, or ship camp, 'at Dubhlinn'. This camp lasted sixty-one years, until 902, when the invaders were expelled by the combined forces of the king of Brega to the north and the king of Leinster to the south. [King Cerball of Leinster & an unnamed king of Brega.]
The Vikings' longphort was enclosed by large earthen banks but would have had direct access to the sea, crucial for the fleet. It must have been very large, given that, in one year alone, AD 849, it was able to cope with the loss of 1,000 fighting men and the simultaneous arrival of a fleet of 140 warships. It was also the home of political leaders, traders and craftsmen and their families.
In AD 853, Ivarr inn beinlausi arrived in Dublin and, with Olaf the White (in Norse, Amláib), who was from Norway, assumed sovereignty of the Viking settlement there.

Dublin to England: AD 865-867
AD 865 saw the greatest invasion of the British Isles in recorded history. In this year, according to an entry in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle:
a great heathen army came into England.
Unstoppable Success
It was an army of Danes - a Viking force of hitherto unseen strength and number - that moved through the land with frightening speed and seemingly unstoppable success. Led by Ivarr and his brothers Halfdan 'of the wide embrace' and Ubbi, this was the first Viking invasion of the British mainland aimed at conquest rather than pillage. Its impact was devastating.
Within the Scandinavian saga tradition, the 'great heathen invasion' was the result of Ivarr and his brothers' very personal desire to avenge the death of their father in the Northumbrian pit of vipers.

The little pigs would grunt now if they knew how it fares with the old boar.

Words which prophesied the awful revenge undertaken by the Ragnarsons."

I'll try and get the whole page/site here,the site moved and my URL is out of date,back soonish.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/FeaturesB ... dIvarr.htm

On those dreams - I had similar, but mine were of a further away land than my Scots/Irish background. Like you,the landscape was different,but oddly familiar. It led me to find the 'missing' part of my heritage, the Lithuanian of my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother. It's a long story.lol.[ I also have a genetic disorder that is more prevalent in Northern Europeans, so the ancestry is quite important ,in my case] The recurring dreams led me to investigate and uncover the secrets in my family background.I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the place of my dreams on a tourism website, seemingly unconnected with my search at the time.Syncronicity strikes when you least expect.lol.

From the info. you can see that it was mostly Danes in Ireland/Strathclyde[ Strathclyde = Alt Clut] but also some Norwegian.
It may be best to scope out the Danish first. Process of elimination,etc.
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

I don't know why, but somehow, whenever this happens or I think about it, I think "the middle ages", "the dark ages" to be more exact, but I don't know why. If this has something to do with my ancestry that wouldn't be Denmark or Norway, since my ancestors had already settled here in Iceland at this time (I have often criticized this nation for it's love of their ancestral roots and being able to trace their lineage 1200 years back, but it comes in handy sometimes). The fear is always something that sits with me afterwards, the dogs barking and the fear of people as well as the fear of death. What kind of death I'm not sure, but I have always had two distinct phobias: I can, for the life of me, never let anyone touch the front of my neck/throat (not sure which word to use) and I can't stand fire, not even on a grille during a barbeque. However, if this is all somehow linked, and has something to do with my ancestry, it would have happened in Iceland. The problem with that theory however is of course the landscape and also the fact that only one woman was ever burned here and none were ever hanged, even though they were drowned in abundance. But I've got nothing against water, I'm a sucky swimmer, but I don't hate the water for it, just my own lack of abilities.

Since my family has mostly, since the time of the settlement, been pretty boring in choosing only Icelandic mates, I doubt it's an ancestral thing. Thanks for the help though, I could be wrong, it's something to look into at least.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

So where do the 'Irish slaves' come into the picture? The Icelandic colonists would have been from one of the European Norse nations,originally. My thinking was Danes as they colonised Ireland.
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

The vikings who settled here had slaves, stolen from the British isles, mostly Ireland... but as I said, that was 1200 years ago.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Most likely Danish in origin then. If you reread my above post [ the long one .lol.] the Danes set about Ireland circa 841 c.e. roughly 1200 years or so ago.
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

But why do I always come back to thinking about the middle ages?

I also do beleive the majority of my ancestors were Norweigan, but as I said, something to look into.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Sorry we are posting over each other here.I keep thinking of more and editing, so that's why.lol. It could be a middle ages memory, that is possible too.
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

Hehe, I noticed.

Some things just stick with me. Some things annoy the hell out of me, and whenever something pops into my head, if it annoys me, like this dream-memory thing, you can guarantee it's not going anywhere.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Several waves of colonisation from the mainland happened and the Orkneys/Shetlands had Norwegian settlers too, so it' s worth some digging. I 'll see what I have on that angle. I 've done more work on the Danes and Orkneys than Iceland,so have more info. available on that. I should be able to help track this for you though.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

The Irish slaves, that should be easy for me,it gives me a starting point from the stuff I have. It may take a couple of days or so. I enjoy this kind of research .If it's out there I 'll find it.lol.
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

Have fun I suspect would be the right response to that :lol:
ennui

Post by ennui »

i've always believed in reincarnation, without a doubt.
there are too many places that i feel drawn to, and experiences that i have a naturally strong opinion about.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”