Resources

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Eretik

Resources

Post by Eretik »

I thought I 'd put this link here, now there is an appropriate forum. This is a good resource, which some here already have or know about. It also discusses Lucid dreaming and the linked topics, lots of articles and reference material. Enjoy.

http://www.astralsociety.com/
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Whoa! This is new. How long has this scetion been here? Anyway, thanks for the link Eretik, I've never heard of that site before it looks very nice. I have two of my own, though I'm not sure of the sites crediblity.

http://www.astralvoyage.com/

http://psipog.net/home.html

The second site has actually focuses on psi balls, TK, PK, and such things, but there are a few artciles on astral projection. For information on AP go to the articles section, click on the 'Other Perception' link and pick an article! :D
LostMuse

Post by LostMuse »

great links!

for anyone who is interested in the psychology of sleep (since i notice this topic includes night terrors and sleep paralysis), i would be happy to provide information on this. i must stress that i would be speaking from the standpoint of a psychologist and not a wiccan (i am both)...just providing the scientific information known from sleep studies by colleagues.

brightest blessings.

muse
TheFireWithin

Post by TheFireWithin »

Hey muse, I've been interested in it lately, so if you have any websites, I'd like to know about them.
Live
Love
Life
Happiness
-Mallory
LostMuse

Post by LostMuse »

here is a really good site to start with - it is the american psychological association. much info and many good articles about sleep from people who research this...

http://www.apa.org/topics/topicsleep.html

more to come.

muse
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Astral Society is awsome!!!
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It's about time we got a section for this :) It's been coming up an awful lot!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

It's a fascinating thing, did you know that Catholic holy figures and some saints were said to be able to do this. St. Alphonsus of Liguri was said to have appeared at the bedside of a dying Pope, but witness testimony accounts for him having been in public view in Italy at exactly the same time[ bi- location]He was a renowned deeply spiritual and 'holy' man, there was no question of 'witchcraft' levelled at him. He was also said, like many mystics in Christianity to be haunted by demons and apparitions , which tormented him with visions. There is a lot of 'hidden' and mystical evidence for this in the stories and history of many of the Saints. They are huge hypocrites. I like to research this when I have time, St.Francis of Assisi is another really interesting one, like early Celtic saints he had 'the kenning of animals', paganism is hard to get rid of,once embedded in a culture.I will fish out some info. on the 'projectors' in the Church,if I can, it may interest some people to see it, especially as it often runs parallel to the witchhunts of the common folk, at the same time.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Ooooh, that's interesting Eretik :D Thanks for that!
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”