Anybody Watch Criss Angel??

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Kim

Anybody Watch Criss Angel??

Post by Kim »

Do any of you guys watch Criss Angel Mindfreak? If so what do you think of it?

If you haven't watched it yet and you want to the air times are Tuesdays at 10:00p.m. (or 9:00p.m., I'm having a brain Fart!) on A&E. :)
Listen to the sound of silence.
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

I watch his show pretty often. While I must admit, he's one of the greatest illusionists alive, he can also be a little bit too cocky for my taste. I don't like him as much as I used to.
Kim

Post by Kim »

Yeah, I know what you mean by him being too cocky at times, but I still love him! :) Although I've missed just about every episode this season...
kai

Post by kai »

Yep seen his show, he and david blayne, nice tricks...
[Kai]
Kim

Post by Kim »

I love Criss, but I don't really like David Blaine. (No offense to anyone) :)
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

Haha, I think I like David Blaine more then Criss Angel. Criss Angel's tricks tend to be too complicated to perform whereas David Blaine's tricks are so much easier (usually haha).
Just my opinion though.
goth-kid555

Post by goth-kid555 »

criss angel is the biggest fake on earth!!all his show is based on camera tricks!i used to think he's a great magician but i changed my mind,david copperfield is the best till now,at least no one knows his secrets
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

goth-kid wrote:criss angel is the biggest fake on earth!!all his show is based on camera tricks!i used to think he's a great magician but i changed my mind,david copperfield is the best till now,at least no one knows his secrets
You got proof to back that shit up, kid?

source or GTFO!
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
goth-kid555

Post by goth-kid555 »

Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

goth-kid wrote:criss walks on water vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

and here's how it's done : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4R2d1r8zzM

levitating : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8nkJrTEsk
Yes, god forbid that an illusionist use tricks to make you think he did something! Its unheard of! unthinkable! :shock:

Grow up. shit, of course hes a fake, they are all fakes. So his tricks have been found out, so what? Personally, I like sitting back and wondering "how the f*ck did he do that?"

Ya know why? Because its a god damned TV show meant to entertain!
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Sorry, I prefer Pen and Teller. You usually find out how they do things. :-)
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Actually, I had that discussion the other day about Penn and Teller with a friend of mine. I don't know this for sure, but apparently they don't actually let the secrets out... Well, they do for some of their own stunts, but as to giving away secrets of the trade, they use tricks for the tricks, just as Wolf said.

Either way, Penn & Teller and Criss Angel are my favorites. Blaine annoys me (I haven't really figured out why) and Copperfield I liked when I was a kid but no more. I love how gruesome Criss's tricks can be. Like the time he sawed himself in half with the big circular saw and the suspended table? WAAAY cooler than sticking someone in a box and covering everything up so you can't see what's going on!

Plus he's hot... lol!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"criss walks on water"

rofl...jesus must be turning in his grave. Very impressive trick. im rarely impressed by magicians anymore because you know you've usually seen it all before or if you havent you've been curious enough to watch those "how its done" shows which ruin the appeal of it.

"Plus he's hot... lol!"
come on, he looks like a tranny!
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

He's still hot, tranny or not ;)
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

He's still hot, tranny or not
Amen.
shit, of course hes a fake, they are all fakes
Good point, well made. But I think what Goth-kid was trying to say is that Criss Angel is a bit faker then a lot of the other illusionists.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”