Full Contact Magick

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Arcane

Full Contact Magick

Post by Arcane »

I saw this book at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone here has ever read it. I forget the name of the author but the title is catchy enough, kind of got me thinking.. If anyone has read this book could you maybe post a review of it including what the book is about and what if anything you might have learned by reading it? I've had quite a bit of time on my hands lately and I was hoping to get caught up on some of my reading. I'm thinking about making a trip to Barnes tommorrow to pick this one up but I'd like to get some info on it first. Thanks.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

This is an excellent book, if it's the one by Kerr Chuluhain. IF there's anyone who has their facts right about witchcraft, it's Kerr. Trust me on this one. If you like what you see, then by all means get his book "Witch Hunts" which is basically a huge expansion of his "Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca" but expanded more towards a Wiccan/Pagan audience rather than law enforcement. It's a truly heroic work about coming out of the broom closet, and tells you all the gory details about what those extremist "witch hunters" REALLY think about us. Be warned, that's kind of depressing, but it's also a great read. Full Contact Magic is the sequel to The Wiccan Warrior, which is really worth while, and covers energy work and the like.
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

Thanks for the info. I stopped by Barnes earlier but somebody must've snatched it up so I bought a tarot deck instead. Gonna see what pops up. But I'll keep an eye out and maybe do some more reading. See about it. Thanks again and gods bless.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”