Food... What is your diet like? Vegetarian? Carnivore?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
[EarthWitch]

Food... What is your diet like? Vegetarian? Carnivore?

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I was wondering what everyone practices in regards to food preferences...I mean are you vegeterian, or a carnivore (hehe) and elaborate on some specifics if you would, like how strict you are with your diet.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

Well, I am on the way to becoming a vegetarian. I eliminated red meant from my diet as a New Year's Resolution and this year for my Resolution I am going to just not eat meat at all.
SaraSapphire

Post by SaraSapphire »

The only meat I eat is all white, and I try and limit that. Unfortunatly, I have a very carnivorus family, so its hard trying to get around not eating meat. When I move in with my fiance, I plan on becoming fully vergitarian though.
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I don't think I could live without meat. I love my steak, lol. I try to keep things balanced when I eat but sometimes it's hard when you've got little money, sometimes you just gotta deal with whats available.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

In public, I tell people I'm a vegetarian, so I don't have to go into this big, elaborate explanation, but I'm not really.

I still eat fish and other things from the sea.
I'm trying to wean myself, though. I don't eat any other kind of meat, and one day, I'd like to be a Vegan.
For now, though, I'm shooting for Vegetarian.
kai

Post by kai »

I mostly eat veg... and its been a really long time since i've had any kind of non veg (including egg)... I would prefer veg anytime :).
[Kai]
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Well....I'm no vegetarian....here in England we love our meat!!!! I've always been brought up on it and I don't intend to stop. I respect animals and nature but humans need a balanced diet....including meat. I don't think that it's any coincidence that animals that have a good source of that were put on this planet.

However, I do not like the way some animals are killed. It's very disrespectful. And I do not like the copious amount of them killed. Species are going extinct!!!! The whole world is like a jigsaw puzzle...remove one piece and the puzzle is broken. Remove more than one and the puzzle is destroyed.

Tricky subject!!!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"I respect animals and nature but humans need a balanced diet....including meat"

it's nature that some animals eat others ;) i agree with you.

i eat meat every so often, its not something i go out of my way to eat but i enjoy it while its their. i could never be vegetarian and i have no hope in hell of ever being vegan so its good i dont feel the need to try.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Unrepentant,predatrory carnivore here.lol.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Eretik wrote:Unrepentant,predatrory carnivore here.lol.

me too..lol

-shelley-
DesktopHippie

Post by DesktopHippie »

I've found my tastes changing to become more vegitarian, but I do still eat meat occasionally. Mostly I try to have fresh food over frozen, dried or canned stuff. That's not easy since I work odd hours and don't get much of a chance to cook - and it can be the more expensive choice - but it is what I prefer.

I know a few Druids go the same route, eating fresh food whenever they can. Something to do with it having more life energy or "nwyfre" if it's fresh.
Ashara

Post by Ashara »

Unrepentant carnivore here too! :lol:
Ashara

Not a morning person doesn't even begin to cover it.

Next mood swing in 6 minutes!
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

Eretik wrote:Unrepentant,predatrory carnivore here.lol.
can't ditch my meat here, i got an allergy for ragout (dunno if it's an english word) but it is in some fast food stuff that i love, i still eat it even if i do get the allergie playing up.

i do agree with the way of killing but mostly it's done in a humane way.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I'm a strict vegetarian and have been since I was 16, well I wasn't so strict then but have become so over the years.

I won't eat anything that contains animal products of any kind and that includes a lot of products that aren't so obvious like sweets and biscuits and all manner of things. I read packet ingredients religiously.

I do eat eggs and dairy, couldn't be a vegan out here in Spain. It's hard enough being veggie over here anyway, but I'm definately leaning more and more towards a vegan diet.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Hedgewitch, was it your choice to become vegeratian?

-shelley-

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”