Practical Magic

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Practical Magic

Post by wiccachicken »

This came out ages ago but it's very close to my heart. It's one of the many films I used to watch with my best mate when we were living quite close to each other.

I absolutely love it. It's not too commercial...apart from the candle thing and the jumping off the house bit....but it's got real apects of magic...having an herb garden, all sorts and even a dark side to the craft. It's a love story as well as a witch story and it also covers people's reactions.

I think my favourite bit is when they're having the midnight magueritas!! Fantastic scene....I will always love it!!
Yellow_day

Post by Yellow_day »

I love that movie! Its one of my favorites.
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up!!

I love this movie and used to watch it a lot when I was younger. Surprisingly it's one of my mom's favorite to.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Yeah I didn't like it when Coca-Cola did a spoof on that song!!! lol!!!
SaraSapphire

Post by SaraSapphire »

Oh, this is one of my favorite movies!

Midnight Margaritas... is like me and my two witch friends, Debbie and Mia, when we get together.

And I would love to live in that house!!
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

well, if you ever get a chance to read the book by Alice Hoffman, it is even better than the movie.(as always) I saw the movie, and immediately had to read the book. It was amazing!
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

love that one!!!!!
is so cutee
-lydia
kgwitch

Post by kgwitch »

Oh I am in love with this film. It was based on a book if I remember correctly. I remember my favourite part being where Sally is running to her future husband and Faith Hill's- 'This Kiss' is in the background.
I love, love it, love it! And I agree, it's quite close to real witchcraft, or more so than other witchy films usually are. ::coolglasses::

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”