Just a though

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Just a though

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

So, I've always wanted to date a guy who was also Pagan. There are a couple gay guys here on the site, but really I mean how many of them live in Alberta Canada. I was wondering how many other people (hetero included) would prefer another Pagan/ Wiccan to date or get involved with?
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Well I am married now for 10 years. My husband is not into Paganism or Wicca or anything. He doesn't seem to mind that I am, but it would be nice to have a partner that you could share the religion with that have those experiances together.

I wish you all the best in finding that special person to share with.

WM
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

(first off...let me say that long distance relationships never...ever...ever work...or even short-distance relationships that don't really exist...but are merely implied)

That being said, yes, I too would prefer to date a practitioner. I make it a habit not to date anyone under 25 though...at this point anyone younger would feel like babysitting...

Let's see...I've divined that it is advisable for me to date Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans or Shinto etc...but I don't date christians or taoists.

I also don't date guys with red hair.

:)

Thet
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I like red devils Thet ;)

As far as a practicing partner goes, I honestly don't think I would want one if given the choice. But really I don't care what a person believes are does so long as I don't have too.
The Mystic Pilgrim

Post by The Mystic Pilgrim »

So, I've always wanted to date a guy who was also Pagan. There are a couple gay guys here on the site, but really I mean how many of them live in Alberta Canada. I was wondering how many other people (hetero included) would prefer another Pagan/ Wiccan to date or get involved with?
I completely agree. It would be nice to have a partiner who is also follow the same basical spiritual path that I am. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend with all my heart, but that's one area that we don't share. He is very supportive tho.
(first off...let me say that long distance relationships never...ever...ever work...or even short-distance relationships that don't really exist...but are merely implied)

That being said, yes, I too would prefer to date a practitioner. I make it a habit not to date anyone under 25 though...at this point anyone younger would feel like babysitting...
amunptah777, I hate to disagree, but in the case I'm going to have to. There are rare occasions that LDRs can work. Andrew and I were in an LDR for the first 1.5 years that we were together. Now we live together and we are having a blast. As for age differences... I'm 33 and Andrew is almost 20. Yes, there are huge maturity differences, but I'm finding that our differences are some of our greatest strengths.

Of course, don't get me wrong, those issues can make things very very very difficult. It just worked in my case.

Either way, don't give up the journey, just because ya haven't found exactly what you're looking for yet. It will come if you are destined to find it.

Much love,
Tim
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Tim,

Thanks, but I'm gonna hafta call your bluff on that one.

I'll see you 1.5 years and raise you the concept of someone who's apparently been with you for 7,8, 10 years....about whom you have very little concept...with whom you have nothing in common....of whom you could "see" in someone else...but it's just not that ONE person...you know?

For example. Say you had a lover, in another life...and everyone around you is vaguely aware of the physical attributes of the person, the psychological makeup...etc....because, they're what could remotely be considered your friends...after all they haven't tried to shoot you yet...so....essentially you know what you like, and everyone else knows it too...but everyone else is trying to pretend that they are this person "oh...I could dye my hair for you...oh....I could talk about what's that you call it again..."speer-it-chew-ality???"...come on baby....I could be anything you want" ....when you know...without a doubt...that there is only one person on this planet who could ever be that person....and that is that person....sounds like a dream...I know...you can only have dreams when you are asleep...and sleep is sacred.

Sobek:

You're crafty... I like that. Red Devils are quite nice...I have tea with them on occasion...I simply won't date them. ;)

(and, between me and you and the rest of the akira....it's not red...it's green. I am sure)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I know people who've been together for years and years (say... oh, 5-6 years, is that long enough for you???) Who are married, with children who actually met online. He lived in Austrailia and she lived in the United States. I have never seen either of them happier. (I've known both of them even back before they really got together) So ballyhoo to your "it can't happen". You can't know every relationship, every bit of chemistry, or how much people can share with our nice technology.

Apparently, good relationships were forged using snail mail much less prompt and reliable track record.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

lol. tiny arugments forming eh? What ever. I'm sorta on the fench about the long distance relationship thing. If you really connect, and are "in love" then long distance relationships can really work. However if the two people don't "click" then it usually falls short.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Hm...the people I dated were either atheists or Christian. One atheist in particular ended up stealing one of my books to read it better. Otherwise they couldn't care less :P My first fight with a Christian guy was based on Jimi Hendrix...

I could have worshipped the Spaghetti Monster and still they would have hardly shrug at it. Which makes me believe I need to meet more lively people.

But either way, meeting a pagan, won't necessarily be better than meeting a Christian. Try to imagine a relationship between an Asatru and a Wiccan, where the Asatru was anything but calm, always going for walks, or trips, jogging and doing an independent ritual work. The Wiccan wife was always tending to flowers, didn't want to go with him outside often but wanted to do rituals together. Their marriage fell apart due to other reasons as well, but their house was like the flowery village of the damned. At least it looked like it.

Point is, meeting someone with the same belief system won't be easy...in theory you meet a pagan, and are glad to share your beliefs. But you're a duo theist and he's a polytheist or a monotheist. So there goes trouble.

In my opinion just get someone tolerant enough so they don't have a fit if your cat goes on his coat. If you find someone...let me know too. Maybe he has a brother.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

lol. ill get right on that. There are actually quite a few Pagan meetups in Edmonton. There are whole websites deticated to meetups. Ill have to post the link when I get home ( I have it booked marked and I'm at school). Its a good website that shows meetups by city, or by topic. Tis cool. I'm just to busy and can't drive yet so I never go to them, lol.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Jcrow said "ballyhoo" hahahaha That's awesome. :)

My thing about dating a christian or a taoist is actually a lot more basic than that. Both systems teach a universal dichotomy...and believing it is kind of like having a split personality...Jeckel and Hyde and such.

I simply couldn't have a serious relationship with someone who believed everything is about good and evil...the concept doesn't even make sense...let alone trying to share your life with someone who's always splitting things up and cutting off an inherent perception of life and growth because..."ooohhhhhwwwww....eeevvvvvviiiiilllllll"

Sorry, I feel bad for their personality disorder, but that doesn't mean I want to ask them out for coffee.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Though the stories are interesting i think i will keep this to the point. My best friend is in a LDR that i had to save at the beggining of it, now they plan on getting married in a year or two when they have a steady income. So LDR's can work you just need to find the right person.

Honestly, as long as the two people that meet are truly in love with one another what does it matter what they believe. There is no reason to base relationships on beliefs or practices if the two people really get along. It just shouldn't matter.

Well gotta go catch you all later.:)
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Appreciates his online frendz disconcurrence , but, having been in several, having known also several close frendz who were also in LDR's all of which failed miserably.

"Hi I'm Thet, and I hate LDR's"

"Hi Thet!!"

"We call this meeting of LDRHA to order"

I guess what I'm saying is I gotta have a body, a voice, a face (of the intended, not his friends, not his family, not someone who resembles him in many ways...him...right in front of me, I don't believe a relationship can last on just imagination.
Pav

Post by Pav »

Isn't that what webcams are for? :P you can see them, and sometmes hear them
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Nice avatar...spooky. :)

Ahhhh, but cha cannah tuch them, or smell them...and subtle facial changes are almost impossible to see.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”